Saturday, December 24, 2022

Saturday December 24, 2022 Rain

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday December 24, 2022

I watched a part of the Oilers vs Vancouver game last night and then listened to the 3rd period via my Alexa Echo Dot in bed.   Vancouver better hang on to that hot goalie who stymied my Oilers.  I am glad that I didn't make a bet on the game with my cousin Jim in Vancouver!

It is always said "Be careful what you wish for", right??  I complained of drought conditions yesterday and watered the trees and plants.  That proved to be much more powerful than washing Lizzie....

It rained a bit last night, but really saved its fury as a thunderstorm hit at 3:51am and continued until 5:20am, solid....  I took the first picture after 6am and the rain started again as shown in the second shot, so we got our lake in the backyard de nuevo and Rio is very happy about that.  Then we had drips from the bedroom ceiling right next to the bed so I needed two pails to catch the water.

As a result, I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started chores and was just starting uploading the photos when the internet quit at 6:20am, followed by all cellular phone service.  Totally weird...  So I hurried up and did my toilette unless they shut off the water too.

Cristina went into Tulua to spend the day with her niece Ana.  This is always a tough time of year for her, so I am glad that Ana keeps her occupied.

Amazon came again and delivered a wi-fi extender, a 2TB external hard drive, and some spare knee braces for Victor Hugo.  Some items have come so quickly, almost a week sooner than promised, and yet the laminating sheets were to arrive 2 days ago....

I ordered 9 magnetic bracelets from China 3 months ago, scheduled for delivery by yesterday, and they don't even track as shipped yet!  I had to ask for a refund, which makes me unhappy because I really wanted those good-style bracelets.

The dogs and I had a nice little afternoon nap....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Early morning lake apparition!

Then it decides to rain some more

Solid rain

Today's Amazon deliveries