Friday, December 2, 2022

Friday December 2, 2022 Fishing!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday December 2, 2022

Happy Birthday to Mother-in-Law Ana Julia!

We were a 1/2 hour late walking under a clear starry sky and Orion had moved westward.  The big pig was in its usual spot, avoiding us.  Orange Dog was down the block.  So the predictions I saw for rain virtually every hour today were false....  It has been a magnificent day.

I just stayed up, did my chores, toilette, and got prepared to go fishing, gathering rods, reels, tackle, stool, gloves, needle-nose pliers, towels, etc.  I picked up Roger and his young fella Johan and we headed into Tulua.

Rancho Panorama is just at our entrance to Tulua and is well stocked with fish.  We easily caught 10 each (only kept 5 total for Cristina).  We  lost three times as many trying to get them to shore and had hundreds of nibbles.   It was a fun 4 hours under sunny skies with good company.  Miguel did not come, using his standard "I'm busy, maybe next week" excuse.  It cost us 40c each to get in, and $12.20 USD for the 5 fish, cleaned for eating....

Roger enjoyed it immensely as did little Johan, who Roger thinks understands his English... (not....).   Roger is now anxious to try another place along the highway somewhere.  I'm certainly game, even though I broke my cheap extend-a-rod that I bought here on about the 7th cast.  It is a good thing that I also brought the one that I had bought in Canada.  Now I have to change my closed reel to the Canadian rod, both of which I bought in Canada...

I just got a call from my good buddy Gustavo who went to check if there was any way to get my $100 out of Banco Pichincha in Cuenca.  The debit card would not work here and has expired.  They suggested getting notarized power-of-attorney in both places, which would likely cost more that the $100, so it is best to let the bank steal the money.  That is the way in Latin America.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, all taken with the little Lumix.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Johan and Roger

Egret (white heron)

Great egret and Turkey vulture

Stocked fishing at Rancho Panorama


Not sure.. Kingfisher??

Johan proved to be a good pupil

Turkey Vulture

Catching more...

Striated Heron

Turkey Vulture

Fishing in the shade


Turkey vulture drying off

Great heron nabs a fish

Impressive great heron

2 ibis, 2 egrets

Great heron

A fish on the line

Good to eat

Turkey vulture roost

Ibis are so neat!