Monday, December 12, 2022

Monday December 12, 2022 Mondays

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday December 12, 2022

https://youtu.be/PjFoQxjgbrs  Karen Carpenter says it all.........

 

We could see the moon, a few stars, and satellites this morning as we happened along the pair of pigs upon turning our usual first corner.  I always take it slow and give them a wide berth so the dogs don't bother them.  I grabbed a couple of shots as I went by and almost choked on my Halls when the small one tried to hump the big one....  Too funny!  We were a little late on the walk, returning around 5am when many people are catching buses to their workplaces.

Then I slept in a bit, just because I could.....

I finished chores by 11am when the promised phone call from the Supervisor at CIBC called with bad news...  Just what I needed...  ask for help and they throw you more problems...  Now they do not like ServiNet, my fiber optic Internet provider.... suggesting sneakily that fraud may be involved and that they recommend I get a new Internet provider!!  What a kick in the nether regions....

And my only option otherwise is to hope that my CIBC debit card will be accepted here at cash machines, withdraw money subject to daily limitations, and deposit it into BanColombia so I can use their debit card.  What a time-consuming and dangerous thing to contemplate....

There is one other fiber optic provider, PuntoNet, who is big, and should be reputable, but they have no interest in being competitive with ServiNet.  I figure that I have until the end of the month to decide.  PuntoNet is to give me prices for higher speeds than they offer at amximum 55 mbps.   I currently have 70 mbps.

I checked at 2 locations for BanColombia and one will accept cash deposits, but not transfer cash from my Canadian card.  I was able to withdraw cash, with fees, (Grrrrrrrr) from the bank machine which is sometimes unavailable.  This is NOT a situation I want to have to do often.

I tried to access CIBC online banking and that would not work.  I tried the phone, hotspot without wifi, and got through, at least able to see my balances but even after about 7 tries, could not move any money.  I wrote again to CIBC to give me some credible options...

I tried again about an hour later on the phone and was able to do the transfers!  Lord give me strength....

My Nikon was giving me focussing grief again so I gave the contacts a good cleaning.  Hopefully that has solved the problem for a while.

Now we are getting a nice rain to cool and clean rain.  The doorbell rang and I went to see if it was Carlos from ServiNet who is supposed to come either today or tomorrow.  It was Sofia again, and Cristina does not bother to tell me these things...  I feel like Rodney Dangerfield around here.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Big Piggy

Both piggies