Friday, December 30, 2022

Friday December 30, 2022 Sunrise

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday December 30, 2022

It was cloudy as we walked and visited the horses yesterday.  Somehow we found new house dogs to bark at us.

Cristina went into Adiela's for the day as I binged on the Junior Hockey, happy that Canada is starting to get on track.

We heard that Leonie's neighbour, singer Ian Tyson, passed away in Long Term Care in Black Diamond.  The news outlets are erroneously stating that he died at his ranch.  RIP Ian.

I was having reception problems with the IPTV again so I bit the bullet and managed to install a new wifi extender that I had ordered from Amazon.  I finally got it right and immediately doubled my signal strength to the living room.  But for some reason I could not get back to the NHL Network for the games so I researched and found the Canada-Austria game (11-0) on TSN4.  It is a bit frustrating when the commentary is about 3 seconds before the action though...

Now I am having both Expedia and Latam trying to fob off my queries to get my money back onto each other... typical....  My bank statement says the payment is to LAN Airlines so I hope they will sort it out eventually.

 

This morning we had a late walk at 5:15am and I was surprised how quiet it was yet...  Only street-sweepers at work and very few motorcycles.  It was like the whole town was sleeping in...  We went by to visit the horses again.  On the way back the sun was beginning to brighten and the promise of a spectacular sunrise was there, a gap at the horizon and lots of cloud above..  But, by the time I got there with the Nikon, the clouds had dropped and the possible greatness was gone....

I stayed up and got through chores, did poop patrol, and had a quick nap.

Cristina had alerted me to a Cabalgata this evening in Tulua and suggested that I maybe go with Roger, so I contacted him and he will bring his girlfriend and 2 kids...  I don't mind.  I also messaged vet John Faber Rojas in case he might like to join us.  I also contacted the lovely Eliana who usually rides in these amazing Paso Fino horse parades to come by our expected location.  She likes her picture taken...

So that is the reason for the early Blog today.  I will post the Cabalgata photos tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Sunrise petered out... boohoo

It had such early promise...