Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wednesday December 21, 2022 Solstice

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday December 21, 2022

As of one hour ago, we had the winter solstice, meaning that the days are now getting longer again for our disadvantaged friends outside of the tropical zones.  Longer days are nice in the summer but the shorter days in winter are depressing.  Having 12-hour days here, 365 days a year, is definitely tolerable.

For a second day, Princesa and Buddy were not in the bedroom, so I wimped out and we didn't have a walk.  I did get up fairly early to manage chores.

Roger popped by to repay some money I had lent him pending receipt of his bank card.  I was surprised that he does speak French fluently!  My French is all jumbled into my Spanish so I have to really think to try to speak French.. 

I have yet to be repaid by ANY Latin American that I lent money to....  Just sayin'.....

The girls sent out Harry to get clipped in Schnauzer-style pending adoption later this week.  Personally, I don't think it looks that good on him...

I had to fend for myself for lunch, and had some old pre-boiled small potatoes languishing in the fridge, so I decided to make my favourite meal!  Why not???  Fried hamburger with onions, salt and pepper, paired with that lovely new bread with butter and I am in heaven for two days....

Waiting for deliveries is boring, so I worked on more kids photos for later uploading.  I am recycling photos from 2010 to 2012 and 2016 with different looks.  I don't sell many of those, but they are a big part of my repertoire.  Oh, ....and no deliveries happened today..  My supply of laminating sheets is to arrive tomorrow.

Hoping to go to a concert in the main park tomorrow, featuring little Camila, our fishing genius....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Harry with a Schnauzer cut

I am not a fan of that cut on non-Schnauzers

Yummy, making my favourite meal

I get this for 2 days.... YES!!!

Tiny 1.5" gecko on my chair outside, reflected..

Great shot of my crazy Rio

This crazy Rio just loves to play

Tom Thumb