Friday, December 23, 2022

Friday December 23, 2022 Yard

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday December 23, 2022

It was great to have all my regular dogs back in the bedroom so we could have our walk on time.  Then I could hardly believe our luck as we got by the first 3.8 blocks without interference, then the wheels fell off.  We went by the mare and filly, who is really growing, and took a no-flash shot under street lighting only with the Samsung A53.  We skipped circling a block that has a consistent barker.

I was up again at 7:30 and did a thorough poop patrol, which means going to re-check 4 times to get everything....  Then I saw that a lot of plants and trees were pretty lame from the current drought conditions so I spent almost 1.5 hours watering everything before the heat would evaporate it.  Then I pruned some of the flowers who needed it.

I showered and did chores, then took Cristina into Adiela's with Harry in tow.  Hopefully Harry will get adopted today by a nice family....  We are down to 13 of our own dogs again.  Hallellujah.....

It was lunchtime, so I decided to stop at our friends Berthold and Ceneyda at Vollkorn, the German Restaurant, and got a couple of cold sandwiches to bring home.  I got to say a quick hello to Wolf and another Swiss guy who happened to be there.  I was in a rush because I had the 4 co-pilots in the car.

I really wanted to get back because I have been expecting at least 2 deliveries scheduled for yesterday and today, but nothing yet....

And, our fiber optic internet quit twice this morning and I was forced to unplug and restart.  That stuff is not supposed to happen with fiber optic so I contacted Carlos at Servinet.  He messaged back that he has requested a service call to replace the router...  Still waiting for that to happen too.

$1.00 USD = 4745 pesos today, so the prediction of 5,000 by Christmas likely won't happen.  Yes, our money goes further than ever before, but the savings we have accumulated here have really taken a beating.  

I am watching a new series, The Recruit, which I am enjoying a lot, and was cetain that the star Noah Centineo was surely the son of either Chris Sarandon or Mark Ruffalo...   Follow the link to see that I was very off-base.

4pm and it is 32.4 inside the house...  Too warm for me...  I don't know how I would survive without the fan I have on me 24-7.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Mare and Filly 4:20am





Butterfly with damaged wings


Bougainvillea beauty

Vollkorn