Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday October 3, 2021 1-2 Racing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday October 3, 2021

A dog was barking incessantly at 1:30am and I went out twice to the backyard, turned on the light and the barking stopped.  I could not see anything at the back of the yard.  Later, it continued so I repeated the exit with the light but, this time, I brought a flashlight and walked to the back.  This time I found that our resident crazy dog Negrita was the culprit, so I chased her back in.  Grrrrrr

RedBubble gave me more grief today so they got another blast from me.

Then Cristina wanted a ride into Tulua to go with Adiela and take her Mom out for lunch.  I was going in anyway for racing so we went in early to stop at HomeCenter to find something to fix the damaged front door and use up some of the refund on the Gift card.  I actually found a piece of strong translucent plastic that should do the trick for a few years before it deteriorates.  I just hope that I have no problem cutting it to size.

Then I drove Cristina to Adiela's but found that I was still too early for David's so I stopped at the nursery and bought a couple of roses and a bag of dirt.  Every time I do that, I marvel that we actually pay for dirt, air, and water.  Crazy isn't it?

Then I was still early so I decided to go back to HomeCenter to buy zip ties and found some big sizes that I need occasionally, and probably much better quality (judging from the high prices) than at Dollar City.  I almost lost track of time and was scrambling last-minute to find them and use the blasted self-checkout because the tills were lined up.  I hate those, and still needed an attendant's help.

But I made it to David's only a couple of minutes late and Alex was there to prepare lunch he had picked up at La Herradura on David's behalf, steak and baked potato with fried banana, salad and mushroom gravy!  Heaven!  And I had brought in Montreal Steak Spice for everyone's satisfaction too.  Followed by a "cornetto" of ice cream, we were stuffed and sufficiently suffoncified (sp?).

The MotoGP racing from Austin, Texas did not disappoint either.  33C temp, and 43C on the bumpy, difficult track.  My #1 guy, Marc Marquez, was starting 3rd at this track where he has won the last 7 times... a good omen.  My #2 guy, Fabio Quartararo, was starting 2nd behind Francesco Bagnaia, with his 3rd consecutive pole position for Ducati.

Marc had a great start, bursting into the lead and staying there.  Fabio, the current year's championship leader, was content to make no mistakes and just follow Marc to the finish line.  Bagnaia had to battle back from dropping to a 6th place position at one time to take the last podium spot.  So, it was a tremendous day all around.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I tried a different piecemeal process and they actually uploaded correctly!  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Rosebushes for sale, minus my 2

David in a good mood

Wolf too

Alex put together the meal today

Alex took this of the usual Gang of 3

 

 

We sure did!

Marc Marquez jumped from 3rd to 1st right away

This track is well known to him, won the last 7

Nakagami crashes

Zarco crashes

My guys are 1-2 the whole race

 

 

Aleix Espargaro crashes

Marc runs away from the pack

Marc is the class of the field this day

Bagnaia sneaks back for 3rd

Celebratory wheelie

His 8th consecutive win at this track

 

 

Fabio is closer to winning the championship

Celebratory burnout

Tribute to an American rider #96 ???

Bagnaia took 3rd

Marc looks good in a cowboy hat

Thankful during the anthem

A true champion

The top 9