Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Wednesday October 20, 2021 Surprises

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday October 20, 2021

The place was quiet when I checked outside the bedroom door at 4:15am so I did my crunches, had a pee-pee, got dressed and opened the door at 4:30....  It was pouring rain, so no walk again today.  Why we don't have another lake in the backyard is surprise #1....  I went back to bed for 1/2 hour then got up to do chores because we had another early run to Tulua this morning.

We were at Movistar by 8am and Cristina was about 20th in line and was not included with the first batch allowed entry..  She figured she would be done in 1/2 hour...  Since it always seems to take Movistar at least 20 minutes to deal with a single person, I said to count on 2 hours and I went on a walkabout.  I bought a new back brace, super strong, surprise #2, for only $9.28 USD!  I have had my old one for about 15 years or more.  Then I bought a big supply of Ibuprofen 800mg for, surprise #3, $0.08 per tablet....  As I walked back by Movistar I was shocked to see Cristina actually talking to one of the techies...  She came out a few minutes later, with the new mini-chip in her phone, and it only took, surprise #4, 50 minutes!!!

Then we decided to continue across town to see if Olympica had the iron-rich livers with which to make dog food again.  Surprise #5, they had lots!   Then I went to see if they had our crushed corn for birdseed, and, surprise #6, they had that too.  Then, surprise #7, they had loads of bulk popping corn...  That was a worthwhile trip indeed.

We took the newest dog we are fostering, Hanna, to the Huellas vet because she was acting strangely and walking funny.  When we picked her up later, they said she was having, surprise #8, anxiety.....  Dig out the doggie Prozac??

Cristina had bought some meat at Olympica as well, cut into steaks which we cooked for lunch.  I should never let her choose meat because she inevitably buys cheap, really poor quality cuts that they are accustomed to chewing on here (emphasis on chewing,.. and chewing...).   Good quality meat is a higher cost, but still relatively cheap here, so it is infinitely more enjoyable.  

After a nap, we went back into Tulua, to pick up Cristina's old Motorola phone that she had a new battery installed.  Their batteries are integral, so it took a day.  I was parked with a bunch of other vehicles in a no parking zone 1/2 block away from the techie place.  We had confirmed that the phone was ready so I had asked her to please hurry.  Surprise #9, she was back in about 5 minutes!!

Now we are home again, I ran out to pay the electrical bill ($24.83 USD), came home only to find the gas bill ($1.79 USD) so I ran back to pay it as well.  When the bills come in pesos, they sound so expensive, but are really reasonable.

So, last night, I watched the first episode of season 3 of Succession, and I look forward to seeing more.  Some of it is a little over the top, and three main characters are too wimpy to be believable, but the storyline still keeps your attention.

And also I had watched the Selena movie with Jennifer Lopez and found it a little lacking after getting much more detail out of the Netflix series, but that was to be expected.

So now, the plan is, surprise #10, to do absolutely as little as possible tomorrow after these harrowing few days....   I also hope the rain will quit for a bit to allow Leonel to cut the jungle on Friday.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Lineup around the corner at Movistar





Golden Silk Spider

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

Saffron Finch

SF