Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Tuesday October 19, 2021 Sad day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday October 19, 2021

The walk this morning was refreshing and I was struck with how many times we see horses loose on the streets, finding grass to munch.  Our dogs have learned to ignore them.

We went in early to meet German at the LA14 mall.  It was short and sweet meeting as we had a coffee and a sandwich.  I can't believe that awful LA14 store itself is still trying to operate with nothing but clothing and toys.  Pathetic..

Then Cristina directed me downtown to a phone techie to move all her information and conversations from Christian's old Motorola to a new phone that Ana had bought her.  We will return at 5pm to pick it up.  Then tomorrow, early, she will stand in line at the dreaded Movistar to get a new tiny chip for the new phone...  Why they have at least 3 chip sizes is beyond me....

Then, of course, she had to stop at a clothing store to buy 2 pairs of jeans.  You know how much I love waiting while she in shopping.  But the jeans do look good on her, and one even has bell bottoms.

We stopped at the Huellas vet to pick up the cough medicine for the dogs, which we administered to the 3 worst and it seems to be working.

However, on arrival at home, next to my computer, I found Zorra, our sickly old gal, already in rigor mortis.  A couple of calls brought Daniel to help us with a good burial in the back yard between the plantains and the oranges.  RIP dear Zorra.  We did our best to give you a longer life.

As I got working on the photos below I got a call from Irma in South Africa with concern that David had indicated to her that he was throwing in the towel.  I confirmed this in messages with David as well.  He is tired of fighting now, he gave it an awesome run, but the quality of life is now zero with the loss of mobility to match the loss of breath.  He doesn't even feel like eating.  I respect his decision to just quit now.  It is his right and I agree that it is better to do it on his own timing and terms.  So we can expect the call that his life is over within hours or days.

On the bright side, a large contributor to the expat community on Facebook, Andy Lee, contacted me about using one of my photos for the cover of a book he will publish soon about living in Colombia.  I am truly honoured.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

RIP dear old Zorra

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

New rosebud to bloom

Gorgeous new rose