Saturday, October 23, 2021

Saturday October 23, 2021 Yard

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday October 23, 2021

Leonel came at sunrise, 6am, to cut the jungle.  Luckily there was negligible rain overnight.  We were rushing because the garbage truck had been coming at around 8:10am all this month and I didn't want a bunch of black bags in the sun for 4 days on black tile... spontaneous combustion is a possibility...  We got all but 2 bags to the curb on time.  The last 2 I am keeping out of the sun and rain on the patio, and they will go to the curb Tuesday night.

RedBubble dropped on me 6 times this morning but I did manage to upload one photo there with a lot of extra effort and cuss words.  

About 9am the water went off and didn't return until 2pm.  That was pretty strange because that usually only happens after extended rainfall.

I ordered 2 omelettes for an early lunch from Parche Tranqui, delivered to the door, for 14,000 pesos or $3.72 USD total.  It comes with bacon, cheese, lettuce, artisan bread and more, and is better, and probably cheaper, than I can make it.  We must give credit where credit is due.

Cristina went with Claudia into Tulua to bring the 3 kittens to be adopted out.  Then she was staying to spend the day with her sister Adiela.  Claudia returned and picked up Hanna from the vet where Hanna had her stitches removed.  Thankfully Hanna is eating again and acting a lot more normally.

We had a huge rain mid-afternoon which is still sprinkling and the lake is beginning to form in our newly mowed back yard.  I am still offering lakefront property to qualified individuals.  Call 1-800-usu-cker.

I watched Formula 1 qualifying runs here because there will be no viewing at David's tomorrow of the actual race.  David is still with us, but in seriously bad shape, poor guy.  I also looked up the MotoGP qualifying and my guys did not do great there either.

I made a huge salad tonight from all that remained in the fridge.  It should take about 3 hours of intermittent eating to finish it all. 
Of course, as I was writing this, I got a call from Cristina asking me to pick her up and bring some cat litter that we had...  On the way there, I saw traffic backed up in the opposing northbound lanes, a semi overturned between us.... and stretching for at least 2 miles to Tulua and beyond.  So I was uncharacteristically tolerant in waiting for Cristina to be prepared to leave.  The traffic moved very slowly, barely second gear, until we passed the rubber-necking zone of the accident then it picked up, but it was still slow with all the motorbikes and transports.  Turi and NeNe got to enjoy the extended ride.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Ruddy Ground Dove

Hiding on the feeder

Sharing with a Saffron Finch

3 species enjoying birdseed

Ground Doves, Saffron Finches and Shiny Cowbirds

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

Nice newly cut back yard

Delicious omelette

TT

TT

TT

TT

Kiskadee

TT

TT

Start dialling, you lake lovers