Monday, October 4, 2021

Monday October 4, 2021 Mr Fixit

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday October 4, 2021

The last 2 days it has been nice to walk again with the 4 dogs, Turi, Rocas, Buddy and Princesa.  We saw old Amigo today and the old boy is moving pretty slow.  Not too many other regulars were in evidence.

My whole purpose in life this morning was to repair the front outside door that was damaged by Luka.  The space between the bars might not hold back the 2 escape artists Negrita and Nina 2, so it has been a real concern.

My previous experience with sheets of thin plastic is that a jagged cut or sloppy drilling can easily cause shattering, so it took careful planning to decide to use the existing frame make the plastic larger than the opening.  A test drilling with a wrong bit on one corner proved my point.  So the rest was carefully measured and 2 slow cuts on a very flat, stable surface with a fine-toothed jigsaw did the main trick.  Then I had to tape it in position and mark just 6 spots where I could use the existing holes in the door.  Then careful, slow drilling with a proper bit were managed without incident.  One hole isn't perfect and there is a slight bow in the plastic there, but I would rather live with that than wreck the whole piece trying for such a minor correction.  It fits in well with Colombian construction, lol.  This work also reinforced the truth that this old body just doesn't want to bend and get close to the ground. 

My hands have really been hurting the last couple of days so the TENS machine is working its magic.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Repaired lower outside door



Japanese beetle


Zorra is improving

Turi is our stalwart

Grigi and NeNe are our tiny ones (with Dary)

They are relaxing with chubby Nina 1

The roses I bought yesterday