Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday October 10, 2021 Racing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday October 10, 2021

The dog that had the softball sized tumor got operated on yesterday and came to our place last evening to recover.  Her name is Hanna and she is another sweetheart from the Animal Park that we would love to see get adopted.  These older dogs are just so appreciative of any attention.

I had to be at David's by 6:30am to help him get set up for the 7am Formula 1 race.  I brought desserts and Wolf brought the sandwiches from Berthold's again.

As mentioned yesterday, the front 3 for the race were Bottas, Verstappen and my guy LeClerc.  Rainy conditions on a slick track made for some early bumping but nothing serious.  Everybody stayed on rain tires and pitted once except for a couple of guys who unsuccessfully tried slicks for only one lap as they had zero traction.  Sergio Perez snuck up the pack to overtake my guy who seems to always end up 4th, just off the podium.  Bottas led most of the race and was full value for the win.

I spent the afternoon working on photos, doing many composites with flowers and Tom Thumb.  That is painstaking work but the results are grand.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Hanna is recovering well

Sunrise this morning


Cute cyclist

Everybody got a good start

Some bumping right on the first corner

Perez and Hamilton have a great battle

LeClerc had not pitted and led for a while

Hamilton started 11th, got to 5th

Valtteri Bottas get the checkered flag

Strategic driving paid off

Not much tire left after about 30 laps

Congrats to Bottas