Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday October 24, 2021 Racing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service has now been terminated.  Sorry.

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday October 24, 2021

The later-than-normal night because of the trip to Tulua, the heavy rain, etc, was my excuse to forego the walk this morning and just stay in bed.  However, Cristina had other plans....

At 7:45am I drove her in to Tulua again to help with an adoption event for the 3 cats amongst others, then she would stay to help Adiela for the day.

As such, I missed possibly seeing the MotoGP event from Italy but I was more than happy to find out the results.  My #1 guy, Marc Marquez came from 4th to win.  My #2 guy, Fabio Quatararo, came from 15th to 4th, and because Bagnaia crashed, he is this year's World Champion!

So I checked and, lo and behold, I could watch the Formula 1 race from Austin, Texas at 2pm!  Yippee!  Verstappen had the pole with Hamilton and Perez close behind and my guy, Charles LeClerc was 4th, his usual spot this year.  The main drama was on the first lap when Hamilton beat Verstappen to the corner and shoved him off the track... again.  There is no love lost between those two competitors.!  However the race was rather boring, with the top 5 eventually finishing in the same spots.  Ben Stiller, the actor was there to watch.  The oddity was that Shaquille O'Neal came onto the track in a ridiculous "Texas" car with the winning trophy which he later presented to Max Verstappen.

Hanna is so much better today and Princesa is the only one still coughing.  Claudia came by with her sister with 2 new kittens for us to take to Tulua tomorrow apparently....  She helped Hanna with her medication and ointment, looked after Killer, and gave Princesa her cough medicine.

All in all, a good day.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Hamilton rushes to access the corner first

He bullies Verstappen off the track, again

Only lap 1, a long way to go

Big speeds.  Verstappen regained the lead.

Cool insurance commercial from Peru...

Hamilton charging to catch Verstappen

Max holds on

Max crosses first

I hate those hats.  Max leads this year.

Shaq presented the winning trophy

The top 5 stayed the same

Shaq doesn't need a podium to stand tall