Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wednesday December 15, 2021 Frustration!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday December 15, 2021

The sky was obscure in the morning and it remained cloudy most of the day with zero rain.  I guess that I should get my car washed.  It really needs it.

RedBubble dropped twice again but I managed to save both uploads.  Facebook is still slow and quirky.

We were out the door at 7:55am to go to Pereira.  I had been tempted to try the BugaLaGrande Hospital when they opened at 7:30 but that would have made things too darn tight, so we headed uneventfully to the Migracion office in Pereira.  

We had printed and brought all the documents that they had sent us and we expected that we were finally going to pay the fine to get the ball rolling...  WRONG!  All we had was an interview with  seemingly knowledgeable lady who kept saying that they have too many people in the works (Venezuelans mainly) and the system is slow and to expect a delay of 3-6 months yet!  I again explained my situation and how I felt that their department was at least 50% responsible for the fiasco and that I should not be penalized for it.  She mentioned that the fine could be anywhere from $250 to $2,000.  Grrrrrrrrr

The one bright spot is that 3 of the documents she had sent me are documents to use to travel, as long as it is not over 90 days and that I return in 2022...  I am waiting to see if a correction to our address is required on those documents as they show us in the wrong city...  Anyway, I am still livid over this darn BS and have a hard time understanding any logic to all the silly meetings and travel required.  

Since we were in Pereira anyway we went to PriceSmart and picked up a few things, not much but some were expensive like my multivitamins...  The surprise was getting a small cooler with 18 cans of pop for $7 USD.....  That was a bargain indeed.  We spent $142.11 USD overall.

On the way back, near the turnoff to Roldanillo, we came across a paraglider wanting to land near the highway.  It was actually sunny rhere so I managed to get a few decent photos for you.

As we neared home at 1:50pm I pulled in to the BugaLaGrande Hospital on the off chance that they were still doing the second doses for Moderna...  No such luck, it was for the morning only.  Then the nurse said that I can't get a 4th vaccination when my correspondent there on Facebook said that I could....  Grrrrr  So I finally have travel documents but am still considered unvaccinated....

I wrote the correspondent again when I got home.  Nothing wants to go my way here anymore it seems.

The dogs always get very excited when we return and unpack everything.  Cristina even bought a lot of celery at PriceSmart so I will have to steal some to add Cheez Whiz.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Never noticed the other 2 paragliders...

.. until I processed these first 2