Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sunday December 26, 2021 Boxing Day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday December 26, 2021

Last night I managed to get my favourite movie playing on the computer with Spanish subtitles so Cristina and I watched it together.  I have no idea how many times I have seen Love, Actually and I never tire of it.

Happy Boxing Day.  Until this very moment I had no idea how Boxing Day originated...  

Boxing Day History

Boxing Day is a holiday that serves to remember the old practice of giving boxes on the day after Christmas.   The practice of Boxing Day was first mentioned in English Member of Parliament Samuel Pepys’ diary entry from December 19th 1663, when he referred to “giving something to the boy' box against Christmas”. The day after Christmas was traditionally a time when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts from their employers, clients or masters. These Christmas boxes of food, money or presents served to thank the workers for the years of service. In the past, servants would be given the day off - having worked Christmas Day - to visit their families, taking with them the boxes from their masters.

We had our walk this morning and it was still pretty darn warm.  See the first photo below for our inside temp this morning.

RedBubble lost one of my uploads again this morning.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I was lucky to get some very good shots of Tom Thumb this morning for you to enjoy.   He was very accomodating today.

The day actually remained pretty cloudy, mitigating the heat somewhat, so Cristina and I picked up Igor and went on a new road east of Tulua to the small town of San Rafael, almost into Amazon territory.  It was a leisurely drive but the lack of sun made photography a challenge.  Thank God for PhotoShop to rescue a lot of bland shots.  You will get to see those shots tomorrow.

We made a quick stop at the cemetery, and then hit a small outdoor eatery for supper, $1.75 USD for both of us.

It is actually raining a little right now and I hope it goes all night to freshen everything up again.  It has been much too dry.

I opened my mouth about maybe making a road trip for a few days to Medellin and Cartagena.  Igor would come along as far as Medellin if we decide to go.  He will help in finding cheap accommodation.  Cristina is very eager to go, so it may just happen.  I don't think she has ever been in either city.  Since a March trip to Canada looks bleaker and bleaker, I thought that we needed a getaway together.  I think that I really put my foot in it this time...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.