Saturday, December 18, 2021

Saturday December 18, 2021 Ready?

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday December 18, 2021

The  rain was falling at 4:30am as I went to walk with the dogs but gratefully we all just went back to bed.  Then it really poured for a few minutes at 5:30am.  So, spreading the poison worked wtihin 24 hours to cause rain....  Thankfully, it appears that there was not enough rain overall to destroy the poison.

Cristina wanted to go into Tulua to be with nieces Ana and Natalia so I didn't even bother with uploading the 2 photos today.  We had the usual 3 co-pilots along, but had to add a 4th when Nina2 escaped on our way out.  We had to catch her in the next block.

Later, I got word that the girls took Ana Julia to hospital because of bad reactions to that dog bite a couple of weeks ago.  When I saw her the other day, the bite area was all black, pitch black, so it doesn't surprise me that they have kept her in the hospital.

So I decided to tackle the renewal of my old moccasins this morning.  They came out pretty good just with washing with water but I had to try the greasy/oily stuff from the saddle store.  While it is definitely not as good as the Saddle Soap that we could get in Canada, it appears that the leather is softening, just slower.  Nothing beats Saddle Soap for leather renewal.

I was instructed to have more Banana/Plantain Bread cake for my lunch.  Hey, who was I to refuse such an order?

In the afternoon I decided to string my collapsible fishing rod, not an easy thing to do with hurting, clumsy, fat fingers.  Then I did it wrong the first time and the leader would not go through the circular guides.  Then I barely left myself enough line to work with to do it right with the said fat fingers...  Anyway, I think that I am ready for fishing and will need to have Miguel make sure that all the adjustments are correct.  He said that we should be going out this coming week...

BTW, the Confession Killer, on NetFlix about serial killer Henry Lee Lucas confessing to hundreds of murders is definitely worth a watch.  It is a well-done documentary and I won't give away the ultimate plot, but it is definitely an eye-opener.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Filthy moccasins

A good wash really helped

Add the leather stuff...

Lunch

I think I am ready to go now.