Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Wednesday July 28, 2021 Highway

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday July 28, 2021

The Arcoxia experiment seems to have stalled...  I hope that it picks up again soon.

Cristina and I prepared my favourite lunch, deeply fried hamburger with potatoes.  Usually I would have mashed potatoes and corn but this is a decent substitute.  And Cristina really is learning to enjoy it too.  The smile on her face said so.

We dropped off the spaghetti sauce and sausages at David's on our way to pick up the repaired remote.  The guys at the shop were true to their word.  The remote works, and the repair was 10,000 pesos or $2.58 USD or $3.23 Cdn.  Amazing!

Window shopping, Cristina spotted a nice terry bathrobe for 28,000 pesos or $7.22 USD.  It is now in her possession.  The exchange rate is very favourable to buy Colombian pesos at this time.  That really helps with the puny pension we are living on.

It is such a gorgeous 31C day, blue skies, no pollution, no contrails, just fresh air and beauty.  I took some photos along the beautiful drive to and from Tulua.  That is 8 kms of heavenly travel.

We went to our central square to enjoy a Salpicon at her friend, Flor's booth.  It is basically a fruit float with ice cream for 6,000 pesos or $1.55 USD.  Flor asked if I had any brothers that she could vacation with... lol.  Sorry Flor, they are all taken.

A sign across the road showed that we can buy a beer here for basically 50c Canadian.  When is the last time  Canadian saw a 50c beer?

Now my son sent me a notice that Sinovac vaccine is going to need a booster in 6 months as it loses its effectiveness....  Maybe a trip to Ecuador is going to be necessary...?????

I hope you enjoy the pictures (BACKWARDS AGAIN!!!).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

Beer, 50c Canadian, 36c US

Our sweet church

Flor's booth

Love this drive

Blue skies, clean, no contrails

Really good roads

A good day to be driving

My favourite!