Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday July 20, 2021 Bailoterapia

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday July 20, 2021

Happy Independence Day Colombia!  We are glad that we did not encounter any demonstrators or strikers today.

We drove in to keep our 9am appointment with Cielo for supposed ultrasound therapy for one hour each today.  Instead we got red ointment spread on our midriffs, got wrapped in black Saran Wrap, and then circled by a large heat belt.  I honestly felt like an umwrapped weiner being cooked, lol.

While I was on the table, the electrician neighbour, Adalberto Bonilla, came to show us the blown magnetron from the microwave.  That unit is 1,700 watts so it is definitely a powerful one, and the microwave is worth keeping, if it can be repaired once and for all.  He figured that he could get a replacement downtown for 80,000 pesos or under $21 so I gave him some cash.  I also showed him the 30A breaker he had removed yesterday and replaced with a 20A.  He promised to buy the right one himself and install it.  Then he went off to El Centro to try and buy the items.  Being a holiday, not much might be open...  Have not heard anything since.

While walking in to the place I noticed a lot of folks, mostly women in athletic clothing beginning to gather across the road.  After my sausage treatment I went out with the Nikon because a Bailoterapia (Dance Therapy) session had begun.  We had seen many of these in our barrio in Cuenca but the ladies here in Colombia are in so much better shape and decidedly prettier.  I took a couple of videos to give you an idea of dance therapy here:

 https://youtu.be/O_It2J5KBKw  and  https://youtu.be/c7lj0idUUak

I wish that I had taken a video of the little girl in pink (photo below), probably only 1.5 years old, who was doing a magnificent job of imitating the adults and keeping time to the music.  She was just so sweet that we could not stop grinning.

Cielo and I had discussed my bike accident and she showed us photos of her son who is/was a Colombian motocross champion.  She then invited us to her own place a few blocks away to show us his bikes and trophies, and also her menagerie of tiny yappy dogs, all so very cute.

We came back to Andalucia and tried to do grocery shopping at ARA, the biggest grocery chain here.  Some things we could not find but most of the veggies were very nice.  We went to Andaluz, but they had nothing, then a Fruver to get nice red cabbage, the green cabbage was poor.  Then it was across the street to buy a supply of peanuts for watching TV....

It was lunchtime so we went to a favourite restaurant near ARA for almuerzo (lunch).  One pork cutlet meal with soup, salad, rice, beans and drink was $2.08 USD and it fed both of us.

I am sitting under the cooling air of a fan and I am barely noticing that it is 31.9C on this lovely sunny day after 5pm....

I hope you enjoy the pictures (8 tries, backwards again, I give up already).   

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

 

6 mos old puppy

So cute and sweet

Fierce protectors of the stairway

Cielo's son, the champ

His bikes, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki

Bailoterapia

This kid could boogie!

Part of the large group dancing

Lots of people came to have fun

Painting in a neighbour's doorway at Cielo's studio