Monday, July 12, 2021

Monday July 12, 2021 Roadie

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday July 12, 2021

Gee, we sure saw a lot of horses on our walk with the 4 dogs this morning.  Turi, Princesa, Buddy and Rocas are pretty well behaved.  I basically have been walking 3 of them every day for over 6 years.  Now it is only once a day.  In Cuenca it was 3-6 times a day.

HAPPY 49th BIRTHDAY to my lovely daughter Jill.  We are so proud of the woman she has become.  I wish that I could be there to give her a hug.

I cleaned and reloaded the feeders for Tom Thumb after chores and then had a good nap, cut my own hair, and showered. 

After a Kraft Mac'n'Cheese lunch we decided to do a little road trip just to get out of the house.  I was so desperate to get out that I even agreed to go to Rio Frio, even though we could not contact Omaira and Rene to visit.  I hate people who pop in unannounced so I avoid doing it whenever possible.  I hate the route that takes me entirely through Tulua, although the rest is decidedly picturesque.

We saw a car vs bike accident on the way but the biker was moving and talking so he will live.  I commented to Cristina that everybody needs to see a few more accidents because the bikers drive like idiots, crossing in front of vehicles with only inches to spare and risk their lives.  I make sure that they get a honk from me even though 90% just ignore it.  The Latin American rule still is "if I am in front of you, screw you, I can do what I want".

Omaira and Rene were not home so we just briefly explored and made an actual stop at the river.  We have had no rain for a while now so the river was clear blue, right from the mountains, and the sign said the temp of the water was 23C.  Personally, I think it is a lot colder than that.

We stopped at Olympica to see if they had livers, etc for dog food but we were again out-of-luck.  We settled for some chicken for them.  

We then made a slight detour east of town for just a couple of photos.  The road was really bad so we didn't go far, just to a place with a decent view and a place to turn around.

Then we needed a stop at D-Uno for diapers for Killer...  Yes, the big guy wears diapers for cleanliness.  Like usual we bought a lot more than that.  I though around $3 for smoked ribs was worth the investment.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Lovely scenery

Lots of trees

Rio Frio is clear and cold

People don't mind.  Too cold and rocky for me.

Small 3-trailer sugar cane hauler.  Usually 5.

Overhanging trees is shady, but hides the potholes.
Just east of our town

Cattle country

Part of the central cordillera

This dray driver was holding a baby

New sign in our central square.  See the photobomber.