Monday, July 19, 2021

Monday July 19, 2021 Electrical

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday July 19, 2021

We had an appointment with Cielo for the ultrasound portion of our treatment at 2pm, but she called to re-schedule AGAIN, 4 out of 6 times,....Grrrrr and later said the new appointment is 9am tomorrow.  It will be my last with her!  People who can't keep appointments get short shrift with me.

That really upset me because we were to pick up the electrician across from her after the treatment so I had to re-schedule with him... Grrrrr  Then he couldn't do tomorrow, it is a holiday with probable strike disruptions, etc, so we decided I would pick him at 1pm today...

He came and at least brought along some tools and electrical gadgets.  Colombian contractors are notorious for showing up with the barest of necessities.  He checked the outside electrical input box first and determined that the voltage was in the normal 115-120V range.

 At the inside breaker box (we have a whole 3 breakers) he complained that the breakers were loose and pointed out the ridiculous, shoddy wiring of a typical Colombian contractor.  The color of the wires is all wrong, i.e. they should be red (or black) and white with a green ground.  Then he decided we needed to replace one breaker so we went to the nearby electrical hardware place and I heard him ask for a 20A breaker which cost me $3.39 USD.  We came back and he installed it, needing 2 tries to get it to work.   

Then he checked the wall outlets and complained the gauge of the wires was not adequate, and the boxes were aluminum (not new plastic).  He had trouble putting every outlet back together properly.  He suggests we change and re-wire every outlet, about 30 of them.  Pricing???  I am just a poor pensioner I told him.

Then he remembered to tackle the big microwave we had put on the table for him.  I think he replaced a large wire among other adjustments and finally said to get it to cook..  I hit the "1" for a 1-minute heating of a glass of water but something fried within a millisecond...  So he decided he could carry it to his place from the parking lot where I drop him off and he will check it out and give us an estimate.  I have already paid another idiot electrician four bloody times to fix it and I refuse to spend a ton more money on it again.  I will re-purpose the darn thing.

When I got home I took a photo of the old breaker he had removed and imagine my shock when I saw that it was a 30A that he had replaced with a 20A...   Grrrrrrrrrrrr  It has been one of those days............

Then, I got a stupid response asking for photos from HomeCenter about pawning off a floor model recliner on us at retail.  I told them that we had already recycled the shoddy packaging which proved it was a re-pack...  Grrrrrrrrr

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Nice drive to Tulua
The electrician
 
Old 30A breaker