Saturday, July 17, 2021

Saturday July 17, 2021 Sprint

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday July 17, 2021

The morning was a bit of a rush.  The walk with the dogs was uneventful as we hardly saw any regulars along the route, and there had obviously been a small overnight rain.  I rushed through my chores, had a 1/2 hour cool-down nap and showered.  Then I gathered my camera and headed out.

First stop was to pay the Internet/cable bill and break a 50,000 peso bill.  Next I picked up chicharon for dessert for everyone for later.  The electrician across from Cielo's had called that he had repaired the hot air popcorn popper so he was my next stop.  The bill was 25,000 pesos ($6.55 USD).  He confirmed that it was my fault for trying to do 2 batches too close to each other.  The rules are to let it cool down 10 minutes before doing another batch.

For discussion purposes, I had brought to him one of my voltage regulators and explained to him that they blow after 5 seconds, even with a simple appliance like the fridge.  I said that that indicated to me that we have a voltage problem in our house, to which he readily agreed.  He claims that his meter can detect that of course, but also that he can repair it...  So I told him that we are seeing Cielo at 2pm on Monday and that he can come back with us to check, and repair, our voltage....  

Then it was on to watch the new "sprint" format for determining the grid position for tomorrow's actual Formula 1 race from Silverstone in England. Qualifying on Friday, as I had mentioned had the top 4 as Hamilton, Verstappen, Bottas and LeClerc.  Hamilton had said it would likely just be "a Train" to run 17 laps and he was right, except for one thing... He lost the lead right out of the starting blocks and he followed the "engine" Verstappen from beginning to end.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hamilton-already-calling-for-sprint-qualifying-changes/ar-AAMgCAA

The race was therefore actually boring as expected and the finish was Verstappen, Hamilton, Bottas with LeClerc out of the ridiculous 6 points available for the top 3.  I am of the opinion that the Sprint is just to try to draw more fans for more days at ridiculous ticket prices.  In other words, just a cash cow...  I feel vindicated in my dislike of this ridiculous race which really only served to lose the pole position for the local favourite.  I hope that it dies a quick death.

David had previously mentioned that his housekeeper Claudia was going to make breakfast so I was very surprised when that did not happen.  We only had my chicharon to munch on.

Back home I trimmed plants and trees and noted that we have 2 more plantain pods in progress.  That makes Cristina happy.

I hope you enjoy the pictures (BACKWARDS again!). Grrrrrrrrr  Sorry!  Look from the bottom up....

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Plantain pod 1

Plantain pod 2

Golden Silk Spider

Ho-hum, Verstappen wins the boring race

Verstappen gets the checkered flag

Hamilton simply cannot catch Max

Slightly blistered tires were manageable

Old veterans Raikonnen and Alonso bettered positions

Max Verstappen had a better start than Hamilton