Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sunday July 18, 2021 Almost!

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday July 18, 2021

The schedule today was late as I purposely slept in an extra 1/2 hour, debating whether I wanted to walk at all, as my hip, groin and arms were all in pain.  I finally convinced myself that a walk always makes me feel better so we did go and enjoyed a good walk, especially when we met old Amigo, the black dog, close to his stomping grounds.

There was a lot of cloud this morning and slight gaps at the horizon (but not in the sunrise zone) but I thought that such a gap might occur in time, so I went back out with the Nikon.  But the gap never did happen, and the possible spectacular sunrise was a bust.  Sorry.

Then, as my Mom would always say, "I was in the potato patch" mentally for the rest of the morning...  I started on my photo chores and was halfway through uploading the first of the day when I got a WhatApp message from David asking if I could come about 8:15am to help set up...  I just sat back and wondered where the heck my brain was when I had completely forgotten about going to watch the Formula 1 race..???!!!  I still have no answer.  I was, and am, still in the potato patch.

I am glad that I did not miss today's race because it was a barn-burner from England, right from the first lap.  Verstappen had the pole and was fending off local Englishman Hamilton on the first couple of corners.  My guy, Charles LeClerc moved past Bottas into 3rd place.  Then the unthinkable happened as Hamilton made a risky move inside of Verstappen, they touched, causing Max to spin out and crash badly.  Lewis Hamilton continued, but was passed by LeClerc, now in the lead.  The yellow flag quickly changed to red and the race was stopped a good 1/2 hour to clear the debris and the crashed car.  Hamilton was assessed a 10-second time penalty for causing the crash.  That hardly seemed fitting when his actions put the race leader out of the race with injuries and a broken car!  But Hamilton is a worthy world champion and no quitter.  He has the fastest car on the track and he refused to be denied.

On the re-start LeClerc managed to stay ahead, everyone pitted midway as expected and LeClerc was actually leading from laps 1 to 50, but could not hold off the faster Mercedes of the determined Hamilton on his home turf.  With 2 laps to go, Hamilton took the lead and won.  So very close for my guy and, for 50 laps, we thought he could do it....  Good fight Charles!

This kind of racing is just so much better than that ridiculous abbreviated Sprint race of yesterday.  It was just a joke and we hope it is soon scrapped.

I hope you enjoy the pictures (12 tries to get it right).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Not the sunrise I hoped for






Formula 1 from England today

My guy Charles is starting 4th

One-stop tire strategy for everyone

LeClerc grabs 3rd from Bottas

Risky move inside by Hamilton

They touch

Leader Verstappen spins out of the race

Big damage to his car

 

 

He is shaken up too

LeClerc grabbed the lead.  Red flag stops the race.

On re-start LeClerc breaks away

Hamilton assessed a deadly 10-second penalty

Big Speeds!

Ferrari has 1-2 for brief period

Everybody pitted, Hamilton is flying

On lap 50 he overtakes LeClerc... boo hoo

The faster Mercedes takes the checkered flag

His hometown crowd is ecstatic

Classy LeClerc did his absolute best

Hamilton would not be denied at home.  Congrats.