Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Tuesday July 6, 2021 Service

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in August ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday July 6, 2021

After chores, I dumped out the ash from the burning barrel towards the back where I don't want the dogs digging.  Then Cristina agreed that the plantain bunches were ready so I cut down those 2 trees (there is all kinds of regrowth around them) so we have lots of fruit to give away.

My insurance agent has ignored our request for an alternate quote for the car insurance and is begging off helping cancel the life insurance policy...  So.. OK, she just lost it all.....  I spent over 40 years in the insurance industry and service was the name of the game.  Definitely not so in any industry here in Colombia, except over-staffed commission salespersons in the big clothing stores.  The way we are fast becoming broke, I think the first casualty will be the heavy car insurance, and only take the Government mandated package...

After lunch we went for our fat processing ultrasound treatments (which I just looked up, and they are legit..) with Cielo.  Yesterday's appointment was cancelled because of unannounced out-of-town company by relatives.  Colombians are famous for unannounced visits and expecting red carpet treatment for their rudeness because they are gracing your house with their esteemed presence...  The internet says that 3-4 one-hour sessions are usually enough...  Our sessions are 1/2 hour each...

Across from her place a guy had a shingle out as an electrical expert so I knocked.  His father was there, the guy was out, presumably on a service call, and took my card.  The electrician called me later but expected me to haul my heavy microwave and popcorn maker to his house, which is a real long distance from the parking lot, and would not be talked into a house call with his diagnostic equipment, so I won't be using him.  More great Colombian service....

I took Cristina to an appointment with a psychiatrist.  She didn't like him, spent only 30 of the scheduled 40 minutes with him, but did get the ton of prescriptions she wanted for calming, sleeping, etc....  I am not a happy camper for the way this is developing.  Christian has been dead for over 3.5 years and she will not even try to get to the acceptance stage.  I realize she has had no closure when the assassin is living 2 blocks away but she is making zero effort to make the pain go away.  I have been quietly supportive and have not made any waves thus far.  But people who want to live their life on drugs to cope with their failures does not sit well at all with me, especially when I am footing the bill.  Oh, I don't know where this is going....

We picked up supper at a street vendor and had just sat down to eat when the doorbell rang.  When we are cooling off the house in the evening I usually have the inner door ajar and that is just an open invitation to every beggar and salesman going by.  Today it was a woman with a dog, asking for dog food, I gathered that much, so I got Cristina and they started to trade life stories while I buisied myself with dishes, etc.  The woman and the dog got fed,and left with a care package of shampoo and more.  Cristina is the softest touch for any beggar.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Peach roses

2 more

2 plantains cut down

7 Golden Silk Spiders in concentration

Fascinating creatures

All are a tad different
Our plantain haul

Love the vivid undercarriage

Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb

A Tulua afternoon in the medical district

Sunshine but spitting refreshing rain

Pretty striking beggar