Saturday, July 3, 2021

Saturday July 3, 2021 Burn

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  stops in July ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday July 3, 2021

This morning, the little filly was again in the pasture, but surprise, surprise.... we saw the old black dog, Amigo, for the first time in a long time.  At least I think it is Amigo, he was in his usual spot.

I don't know why I had the urge to finish the burning, ..maybe it was the weather forecast without rain and a calm day.  Initially there is always a large amount of swirling smoke so the big fans in the house are aimed to shoot the air out the back.  That keeps the house from getting smoky.

The process involves so much bending, breaking, carrying, and smoke inhalation that I was a sweating basket case at the end.  However, everything present has been burned except for a large branch that wasn't cut up  by Aram and is still a tad green.  The yard looks so much better.  

And I watered all the plants and trees down the wall, primarily for the transplanted papaya tree and the roses.  One of our dogs dug a hole next to the papaya so I had to repair that damage too.  At the old papaya tree site next to our BBQ pad, a sturdy papaya stub seems to be regenerating!  That will make Cristina happy.

I figured out a way to combine manual focus and autofocus to get sharper closeups of the Golden Silk Spiders.  I got a few nice shots today and Tom Thumb is enjoying the nectar a lot.

Exhaustion from all that activity dictated a long nap and cold shower.  I am still a little stiff now so the TENS machine will come to the rescue.

Cristina is having a lazy day by her standards and has taken to watching the big TV from my recliner.  Last night I just watched Netflix on the computer and let her have the TV for the whole night.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

That corner pile has to go

Peach rose opening nicely

Same plant, many colours

The pile is decimated

A papaya stub is regenerating

My supervisors

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT

Golden Silk Spider

GSS

GSS