Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wednesday July 22, 2020 Tire woes


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
 
Wednesday July 22, 2020
Happy 66th Brother-in-law Miguel.
I walked the dogs at 4:50am, did my chores, poop-garbage patrol, had a quick nap, the showered and was out the door.
My first stop was at Dollar City where it was nice to browse at my own pace and buy stuff that I am always looking for.  When I came out the lot attendant pointed at my right rear tire, which was most definitely flat....  It was only then that I realized this was the reason for the horrendous "clank" that I heard on the highway as I went over small white speed bumps halfway to Tulua.  And that happened Sunday the first time, and again today....  So I give credit to my little KIA for having such a stable ride that I did not even feel it otherwise.  And, since I back the car in to park now, I don't get to see that side of the car.  
I drove it to the KIA deakership in the next block where they added air (no charge) for me to go to a tire shop in the next block.  
So, the upshot of this is that the tire stayed below the rim, which survived the onslaught, and quietly died beneath me.  I ruined the sidewall and had a big stack of rubber shavings inside the tire.  So.... I definitely had to replace the tire, different make than the other 3, but basically the same tire, tread and all.  The bill, including balancing etc was 225,000 pesos or only $62 USD.  It was worth it just not to have had to change the tire to a spare..!!
Then I did my grocery run at LA14 and was disappointed at the empty shelves...  NO Kleenex, potato chips, and lots more.  It is a good thing that the vegetables remain in good supply.  Surprisingly, I found bacon-wrapped filet mignon for $3.57 a lb.  I am now kicking myself that I only bought 2 packages!
I also should have bought some filets for David as I went there next and he transferred some more downloaded movies onto my memory stick.  I began a nice rain as I left there and that cooled everything off nicely.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Yup, my tire is pretty chewed up all right.

Some of the rubber shavings dumped out.

Nice new tire for $62.