Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Tuesday July 14, 2020 Escaped


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is not working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday July 14, 2020
Happy 75th Birthday to my sweet sister Yvette.  I still can't believe that all of our family is over 60 now and ordering from the senior's menu...  Yvette tells me that we always fought as youngsters and that I was the brat that got away with everything.  I am surprised that she talks to me at all if those stories are true but, the fact is, she is very special to me and I know that she always has my back.  Love you Yvette.

This morning I went to inspect the rabbit hutch and had to look it over 3 times before believing that the rabbit was truly gone!  There were no holes big enough, I thought, for it to get through.  There was no evidence of fur lost anywhere, only a 1 foot hole in the roof that we never thought one could jump through... at least 4-5 feet off the ground.  My conclusion was that a hawk may have got through but was still mystified at the lack of fur anywhere and I could not see the bunny anywhere in the yard.  With 12 dogs, fur flying is the natural result.  I even had Cristina come out to look with the same result.  We patched a possible 1' wide hole in the door but, again, there was no white fur evident anywhere, but we blocked other areas better too
Later Cristina is shouting to me to hurry up and get all the dogs in the house!  The rabbit had been hiding on the patio and the dogs had located it.  I did as I was told and then we finally corraled the bunny and got it in the hutch.  It sure dodged a bullet there!  I worry about the rabbit all the time because it is not eating or digging as they usually do, but it sure is a Houdini.  Cristina refuses my idea to let the bunny loose in the cane fields..  We will try to get it adopted out.
Then I thought I was detecting flight in the bird in the cage so I got Cristina's permission to let it out to see, seeing that the dogs were safe in the house for now.  Unfortunately Birdie just jumps or hops from place to place flapping its wings but definitely not flying, so we had to corral it and put it back in the cage.  I do so want these wild ones to be free.
Claudia came by with Sara.  And Negra, the new dog that just lost all its puppies, was so happy to see them, squealing in delight.  She went back with them to the Animal Park.  There is still no word on a new location for them all.  So we are again down to 11 dogs, 1 rabbit, and one bird, plus we feed neighbourhood birds and dogs and contribute to the Animal Park.
We had most of the dogs in the backyard, with Killer in his chariot, when he and Grigi started a relationship.  I never knew that Killer was such a ladies man.  Anyway Grigi was doing her best to try to play with him and Killer was just watching with a bemused look on his face.  It was heartwarming.
My friend David has found a way to find almost any movie and download it in minutes.  I gave him the challenge to find Cromwell, with Richard Harris, and he found it in 2 minutes and downloaded it all in 10 minutes.  So I just sent him my list of about 25 movies that I had been hunting for for years and never found in the video stores...  I am excited that we may find them all!
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
The rosebush continues to astound

The hibiscus is doing well

Escape hatch for Houdini??

Our plantains are sprouting a forest

Bunny is back safe? in the hutch

A group noisily playfighting
A Ruddy Common Ground Dove watching the proceedings

Grigi making overtures to Killer

Buddy is blase about most things

Grigi is trying to get Killer to play, to run

Killer is amused but not interested in Grigi's antics

Birdy is back in its cage too
Negra returned to her home at the Animal Park

Buzzard and blue skies

Doves and Saffron Finches feeding

Houdini figuring another way out

More doves join the party

Tom Thumb

Looking up at the equatorial sky

Tom Thumb

TT

TT

TT