Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday July 19, 2020 Racing


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is not working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday July 19, 2020
What a treat to have televised sports again.  Last night I binged on almost 6 hours of UFC.  Aram watched a good 2 hours with me before he was forced to leave.
Today I was at David's by 8am to first watch Formula 1 racing from Hungary (a place I have yet to explore).  Off and on rain caused some interesting tire strategies but, with World Champion Lewis Hamilton on the pole, the race was never really in doubt as he again went wire to wire.  Second was Max Verstappen, and third was Valtteri Bottas.  My guy, Charles LeClerc had a tough day, finishing 11th, just out of the money.
Then David has a paid sports deal where we could watch the MotoGP race from Spain on demand, so we did that next.  My guy, the current World Champion, Marc Marquez, started fifth or sixth but was leading within 4 laps when he had a wobble that put him off the track.  Any other rider would have fallen but Marc battled from the very back (16th place) to fourth place when disaster struck again and he did a horrendous tumble off the track.
A broken arm, internal injuries and a head/neck injury and idiots are wondering if he'll be in next week's race.....  Sheesh.  He is a fierce competitor, so we can never count him out though.
That race was most exciting as a result, and it was ultimately won by my #2 fave, Frenchman Fabio Quatrararo. 
In the afternoon I was out on rescue/adoption missions with Cristina.  We brought Houdini and 3 kittens from the Animal Park to the Zoonosis refuge in Tulua.  We met Cristina's sister Adiela there and they proceeded to make nice temporary space for these animals prior to adoption.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I will caption very few because they are pretty self-explanatory.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Nice track in Hungary











Nice track in Spain





Marquez takes the lead

In first place

Even the best hit the rhubarb once in a while

But he did not fall, to everyone's amazement



In 10th place, fighting back from 16th

Now 4th place

This time it is a bad fall




























Broken right arm for sure

Quatrararo wins











Results 1-10

Results 11 and up

Houdini is headed for adoption

Kitten 1 for adoption

Kittens 1+2

Kitten 3

Flowers at Zoonosis





Tropical Kingbird !

I assume this is a nest of some kind

Kite

Neighbor walking 8 dogs

Temporary digs for Houdini