Sunday, July 26, 2020

Sunday July 26, 2020 MotoGP


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday July 26, 2020
The neighbours partied loudly all night until 8am and one a**hole parked in front of my garage all night.  I had to roust out the culprit when I had to leave later.
While walking the 3 dogs this morning I kept an eye to the Northwest hoping to be able to glimpse the Neowise Comet.  Pretty soon we won't see it again for 6,800 years.  Besides the western coastal cordillera, there was a large band of cloud above them so it was not my day.  I hope I haven't left it too late.  I will have to get out well before the sun comes up to a high, dark site outside the city.  To be honest, I am not sure that I have a reasonable site very close by..
At 9am I joined David and Wolf to watch MotoGP again from Andalucia, Spain (not my town here).  At the start of the race the ouside temp was 96F and the track temp was 135F which raised to 145F during the race.  On top of this, you have the tremendous heat produced by these high horsepower motorcycle engines.  The riders have to be in tremendous shape and stay hydrated somehow when their heartbeats are in the 150 bpm range for a one hour race.  
My main guy, Champion Marc Marquez, who broke his right arm in a big crash last week actually tried out in the qualifying, and it was incredible to see him doing pushups one week after surgery!  In the end, he wisely did not race today.  That left the door open for my #2 guy, Frenchman Fabio Quatrarao to grab the pole position and again hold it from start to finish for consecutive wins...  The battle for second place was the story of the race.  One rider with that position, Francesco Bagnaia, had engine trouble (at least 2 retired because of that) and was out.  That created great drama between Maverick Vinales and the perrenial favourite, "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi.  Rossi was already 20 years old when Quatrararo was born so he is the old man of the bunch and a big crowd favourite.  Many recreational riders have #46 and "The Doctor" stickers on their bikes.  There is a photo below of his incredible stats.  Near the end, Vinales prevailed to take second place away from Rossi.  There were at least 3 spectacular crashes as well so it was quite the show.  Congrats to the podium 3some.
When I went out this morning, neither of my garage door remotes would work so, later when I returned, I saw that the watch repair/sales guy across the street was open, a sweet old man but deaf as a post.  He replaced the batteries, but in doing so kept pressing the buttons opening and closing my damned door.  I tried to instruct him to close the door but he didn't hear.  Eventually, my fears were realized as a group of our dogs bashed our barrier and 4 of them escaped into the street.  While I grabbed leashes, closed the barrier, and got the car out, Cristina had got the 3 more timid ones back in the house.  I had to chase our crazy redhead, Mariposa, for 3 blocks before she came when I called and I hauled her into the car.  She is always the one who bolts for several blocks before returning and she just relishes her brief run of freedom.  Dogs are dogs,... what can one do??  It is just lucky that none of them were hit by traffic.
Aram came and borrowed our bicycle again to run another errand, this time successfully.
My cel keeps getting blank voicemails, probably from blasted Movistar who just won't leave us alone.  Trying to kill voicemail is almost impossible.  I have tried everything and have finally deleted (hidden) the number.   Will they stop??
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Race course in Spain

Andalucia, Spain

Look at those temps, 96F outside, 57C on the track.  Ouch!

Most go with hard front, soft rear.

And they are off

The first 3 made it to the podium
Crash 1-  Going

Going

Gone

Another view of the start of Crash 1

Quatrararo leaving everyone behind for good

Crash 2 - Going


Gone

Crash 3 - Going

Going
Gone

The big battle for second place

Quatrararo has a huge lead, no problems

Vinales passes Rossi with just 2 laps to go

Quatrararo wins

The winner shows off

Good racing by Fabio Quatrararo

Look at Rossi's incredible stats, 235 podium finishes!

Rossi, Quatrarao, Vinales

Savouring the main trophy

Top 10 results

11+ results.  They started with 20 riders...