Thursday, July 9, 2020

Thursday July 9, 2020 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday July 9, 2020
There have been virtually no clouds so it has been a hot one today, over 30C.
Cristina asked me if we could pick up Aunt Nativa at 10am and take her to get diapers.  So we arrive at her place and she is still in the bath...  But, she did get ready much quicker than I thought she would, and away we went to her daughter's place on the other side of Tulua.  It was a frustrating drive as everbody and his dog were on the road criss0crossing in front of my bumper, daring me to hit them.  Grrrrr    The daughter had picked up a big supply for Nativa, and another older lady in Andalucia and for Cristina's Mom.  The car was packed to the rafters.
On the way back, Cristina got a beginning on getting her new cedula (identity card) and paid for it.  Now she has to go online to actually apply, apparently..
We got some fried chicken for lunch and headed for a nice nap.
I then saw that the sun was getting to the feeder so I set myself up to catch more of Tom Thumb.  He was very good to pose several times, along with a rival hummer.
Of the photos below, the first 9 are from yesterday afternoon, and 15 are saved from today.
I am also hoping that Aram can show me to the top of a mountain directly east of town to catch the sunset later.  Right now he is out of town so I am not going to hold my breath.  If we do get out on time and get some decent shots, I will post them tomorrow.
I am well into a new series called Fauda on Netflix which follows an Israeli anti-terrorist squad amid the tensions there.  I am liking it much, much more than Sherlock which was too fast to properly comprehend.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Re-installed kitchen cabinet door on the right

Oh to be able to soar....

It seems that they are my constant companions

The roses are amazing

Tom really gets busy near dusk

He doesn't mind me too much
Such iridescent feathers

They soar so beautifully on the thermals

That darn cat loves tormenting our dogs

Grigi in the sun and Killer in the shade

Another hibiscus has opened

Spectacular getaway by Tom
The sun brings out the colours

The rosebush abounds

Tom is braking for chow

Aaaahhhh, sweet nectar

Checking the surroundings

Back for more

Pacing himself

It is an intricate balancing act

Dipping in again

Backing off to swallow

And back for more

That's all for today folks