Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Tuesday July 7, 2020 Repairs


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday July 7, 2020
Last night Cristina had a mug of water heated in the GE Microwave.  She did not retrieve it so it kept beeping a reminder every minute or so.  I finally popped the door open to stop the dinging.  Later, Cristina came to me to say the microwave was dead, which it was.
Today she contacted this contractors group and they referred us to this fellow in Tulua so we took it in to him and dropped it off.  He was not far from LA14 so that was good.  We then drcided to visit Exito (big department store/grocery) in La Herradura.  We wandered for a while hoping for an early phone call from this guy that the problem was just a fuse blown, which was my prediction.  All we did was buy a blouse and some pepperoni-like sticks called Cabanos and even found a Jalapeno flavor, so I grabbed a bunch..
When we got home we had an early lunch of some delicious ham we had found at D-Uno.  Then came the call from the electrical repairman to return after siesta (2pm) to get the repaired microwave.  To replace the blown fuse (I was right!), he charged 60,000 pesos  or $27.50 USD.
In the car I also had a dismantled cabinet door from the kitchen where the frosted glass had come unglued and fallen to the floor, shattering into many pieces.  On the way back into Andalucia, we stopped at the glass place across from Huellas vet and left him the door and a sample of the glass.  Incredibly, he quoted us 6,000 pesos or only $2.75 USD!!  Gotta love Colombia.  We told him that we will pick it up tomorrow.
Cristina rescued bird is very active in the big cage that she has wisely put in one of the orange trees.  Cristina insists that it will not yet fly in the open despite its antics inside the cage.  I will leave that decision to her.
Facebook first removed a post where I called Donald Trump "white trash" then later suspended me for 24 hours for mentioning the deletion in response to a friend's post.  I fume at the very selective censorship being exercised on such (true) trivialities given the crap we need to wade through every day.  Grrrrr.  I can't even wish friends Happy Birthday, or like a post...  Simply ridiculous.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
A lovely multi-coloured rose

Stunning rosebud

Opening carefully

Fully open small rose

New bougainvillea #1
New red flower plant #1

New hibiscus

New red flower plant #2

New bougainvillea #2

Fixing glass in cabinet door

Little bird isn't able to fly outside yet

Gorgeous new hibiscus

Yes, it is happy to see me

Tom Thumb, green bird high up in mango tree

Watching the feeders

Ready to scare away rivals

He lays claim to all our feeders