Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday July 24, 2020 SOAT


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday July 24, 2020
It was pouring at 4:50am so the dogs (and me) did not get their exercise.  It had rained last night too, and it was quite heavy this morning, so we sure got the good soaking that I had requested.  It is reasonably cool today as a result, kinda dull.
I did my chores and we slept in only to discover that our water was shut off again, so I just went back to bed, again.  I showered using the water tank with little pressure but better than nothing.  The water was turned back on at 3pm.
I got more messages from someone in Cali to renew my SOAT, compulsory basic car insurance.  It is really basic and about all that 90% of Colombians would carry on their car.  Because I am a gringo, and considered rich, I pay through the nose for real car insurance.  They again sent me links to do things online, spoke to Cristina, and promised a 16,000 peso discount, about $4.33 USD.  I tried many times, but since the names on everything must match (and they can't seem to understand that Al Joseph Bourassa is the order of my name).  They always call me Mr Joseph....  Anyway, I called Miguel for help and he always uses a place where he has a membership so he was no help.  I saw that they would accept payment via our bank so I took the documents to our "branch" around the corner where we pay our bills now.  So I ended up paying the full price of 320,000 pesos ($86.62 USD).  It was worth it, just to get this thing out of my hair!  I don't know what it is with dealing with anything governmental in South America, but it is always cursed for me and just makes me vibrate with dread.
Next, I am still waiting for my insurance agent to send me final numbers, less the promised discounts, where to pay, and if I can use my debit card...  It is not rocket science for me but they are dragging their feet with one week to go.  I may have to switch agents.  Fabiola's daughter works for them too and has solicited my business.
Insurance here is sketchy.  They don't have a tort system for people to sue you for millions so claimants normally take the pathetic settlements paid by SOAT.  Having extra insurance is considered more for the physical damage to the car.  For me, I expect it to be just over $600 USD.
Aram came to borrow our bicycle to do an errand on the other side of town.  The tires were flat so he had to get them pumped up around the corner.  
I started watching some of the movies downloaded by David.  I was right, a war musical (South Pacific) did not impress me.  A Bridge Too Far was long and I shut it off and finished it this morning on the computer where I discovered that I can indeed have subtitles, yea!!... but I hate having to watch on the computer.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


This little guy came in to visit

He is barely an inch across

A dove gathering, getting away from me and the dogs

Finally, a decent peach rose

So nice to have this plant flower properly

I have found Tom Thumb's favourite perch

He almost blends in to the mango tree

He doesn't sing much to protect his territory