Monday, July 27, 2020

Monday July 27, 2020 Neowise

SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>

To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday July 27, 2020

I walked the dogs, did chores, got involved in a couple of projects then went out and trimmed some plants.  Then I was exhausted, had a quick nap, lunch, then a long nap...

I finally received my camera remote from China after 3 months waiting.  It took me a bit to realize that it is slow, and I need to hold down the button for it to work.  I can't say that I am going to like the lag in shooting.... but it will allow for sequential shooting, so it is not all bad.

I got my quote on car insurance from Eliza and unfortunately she was not competitive through AXA.  I followed the link provided by Olga to pay for the SURA policy online using my Canadian debit card and that was really simple.  It is such a relief to have that stuff out of the way.

Cristina and I went out at dusk to try to find a dark place to try to see the Neowise comet.  I knew that I would be kicking myself if I didn't at least try, since it won't be back for 6,800 years and I doubt that I'll be around.  We went east of town and I got a couple of dusk shots but there was too much light emanating from our city so we went further north on the highway, trying to find a dark place.  There seemed to be no way to get away from traffic, trees, or street lights but I did try from the highway.  Then the Nikon decided to second-guess my instructions at every turn and I wasn't able to shoot, even on manual mode.  I have no way to explain that and it left me more than frustrated.  The comet is supposed to be to the left of the Big Dipper in the northwest sky but I couldn't even find that so we just came home.

Then I got the sad news that fellow widower James Story from our grief group in 1996 passed away from cancer June 2nd, shortly after his 22nd anniversary from his remarriage to a lovely lady named Diane.  RIP James.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



New Nikon remote

Dusk to the west

Dusk
Dusk Panorama