Sunday, July 5, 2020

Sunday July 5, 2020 Sadness


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday July 5, 2020
July 5 is a day that is forever etched in our memory as we watched our lovely wife of 25 years mercifully pass away from the terrible scourge of cancer before our eyes, 24 years ago today.
Patsy, we remember you every day as the wonderful wife, partner, and mother you were.  It is such a shame that you never got to see your grandchildren.  RIP.


I went out with 4 dogs again this morning, obviously after a nice rain, because the streets were really wet with large puddles.  The rain is good but it does mean that the dogs track in a lot of stuff from the yard.
Then I was over at David's by 8am where he was set up for us to watch a Formula 1 race from Austria, live, but with no crowd.  Wolf had brought sandwiches from Berthold's and I brought dessert, chicharones.  Two of my favourites ended up 1-2, Valeri Bottas (Mercedes) and Charles LeClerc (Ferrari).  Almost 1/2 the field were out early with mechanical problems or crashes.  The 2 Canadian drivers were well back in the final 11 finishers.  They did the podium, champagne and trophies right on the track.
I came home and took the shots below, with kind cooperation by Tom Thumb.  As a photographer I am always vexed by the missed shots, almost always because of the speed and timidity of the subjects.  For scant seconds I get a glance of Ibis, Blue-grey tanager, mouse, gecko, and swallows but can't a bead on them before they are gone.  We are happy for the shots we do get though.
Then I aided Cristina to orally inject every dog with the "purgante" to rid them of parasites, etc.  We are very fortunate to have all relatively healthy dogs who are such a joy to us.
Another nice surprise today as I finally heard from Cheap-O-Air about the refund of my return flight due to Covid-19.  Like WestJet, they have placed a credit on account for $406.23 to be used for any Copa flight before Dec 31, 21.  I can understand that the airlines would all have to declare bankruptcy otherwise and then we would get zero, but I also think it is illegal, bordering on extortion, to keep our money under these circumstances.  Oh well, hopefully WestJet and Copa will survive and I can re-book my holiday for next year.
With David's help and some of his medications, I am happy to report that a lot of my pain has gone away.  It is impossible to adequately explain the lingering effects of the nerve damage caused Nov 30/16 when I broke my neck.  Especially now in my arms I still feel numbness and tingling as I have since the accident.  Given the time that has elapsed, and regardless of my faithful exercises every morning, I am resigned to the fact that I probably will have to live with this for the next 30 years or so.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.