Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wednesday October 26, 2022 Movistar Bye

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday October 26, 2022

The sky was black, no stars, nothing this morning for our walk.  I didn't sleep well after the walk so I just got and did chores.

At 9 am the rain started and continued for a good 2 hours, restoring our lake playground for Rio.

I saw some promos mentioning good movies that were underrated, so I made a list of some that I felt worth the trouble, and started downloading 14 of them.  With the new Fiber Optic, the downloads are mostly wa-a-a-y-y-y- faster than before, where I often waited hours on one movie...

I made a phenomenal scrambled egg lunch with onion and bacon that Cristina really enjoyed.  The dogs got to sample some too.

Before 2pm we headed into Tulua to go to Movistar to cancel the internet, home phone, and Cristina even said to cancel the TV cable...  Supposedly we did that, but have to return with all the modems when it is time to pay the next bill???  Don't ask me....???  1/2 hour wait, then 1/2 hour of more useless service by Movistar...  Oh, and cable is still working at the house...  I'll just do things as instructed by Cristina, because I can't understand their stupidities...

We checked out two stores, looking for another X96 TV Box for the TV on the patio but ended up taking a chance on an Amazon Firestick.  It wasn't until I got home that I realized that the silly thing can't even play a USB memory stick...  So, I think it will end up outside.  It has Alexa voice command, which can be amended to Spanish.  How we may be able to stream digital TV on that thing, I have no idea....  I am sorry I bought it now....

We made a stop to drop off bedding and supplies for the dogs at Zoonosis.  Then we stopped at Power Pizza for supper.

Then we went to the cel store that has been trying to repair/dry out Cristina's cel phone for the past week and.... it is dead.... so we had to buy a new one, which is relatively cheap here in Colombia.  We pick it up and get it set up tomorrow.

I played with the silly Firestick half the evening and finally gave up in frustration.  Almost every app that is available has a price attached and that just pisses me off....  It is at least set up with my NetFlix and YouTube for now.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A new playground for Rio

My yummy scarambled eggs

Downloading movies is mostly a snap now..

3 species of birds


Kiskadee

Kiskadee

Kiskadee

Saffron Finch

It has some nice features, granted...