Monday, October 24, 2022

Monday October 24, 2022 Cleaning

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday October 24, 2022

The sky was balack and rainy but we still did a decent walk, and the rain continued lightly until about 10am.  Then the water went off in the house (again) until 4pm...  Grrrrrr

Cristina's friend Yolanda was here shortly after 8am to start the grunt work of cleaning and she did a superlative job under the circumstances.  The area under my monitor probably hadn't been touched in 2 years....

Yolanda brought with her the brother of the 2 female puppies that just died here.  He has no sicknesses and is very active, with a loud voice.  He will be advertised for adoption soon.  His name is Manchas, and he has similar awesome camouflage coloring as our little Grigi.

My brother had me investigating streaming TV (IPTV) as the alternative to Movistar cable, but when I tried to purchase one that sounded good and reasonable, the shocker was that they would only accept Bitcoin payment...  WTF!!!  Needless to say, I won't be using them and I gave up investigating because all the acronyms, IPTV, VOD, VPN, etc, etc just confuse me.  I wished that my brother was here to help me.

I waited all day again for the promised Fiber Optic Internet installation and the @#$%^&* lied again.....  If they don't come early tomorrow, I will get my deposit back and go to the competition down the street.

I was asked to drive Yolanda home, so what could I say...  As we left Andalucia, I asked the best route to get to her place and she said the hated Transversal 12 where you only have one workable lane each way and you have to dodge the old idiots on their slow evening bicycle rides, oblivious to traffic, and 50 motorcycles surrounding you, never mind cars and trucks.  At 5pm it is a nightmare for me...

Then she said that she left her cel phone in our house... ! I am sure that she saw me roll my eyes, because now we had to drive all the way to Tulua to turn around and come all the way back.  Cristina also had another stop she wanted to make on the opposite side of Tulua, so my frustration was complete.  We got back home, I retrieved her phone and gave Yolanda 20,000 pesos to take a taxi home...  They were OK with that.  I was done for the day...  We will do Cristina's other trip another day.  It was nothing urgent.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Grigi, Manchas, Nina

Grigi and Manchas have similar colouring

Our new stepladder and Yolanda

Manchas found his own space

Awww, we gave him a proper bed