Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday October 25, 2022 Yippee!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday October 25, 2022

Orion was above in a clear sky for the morning walk and that is always a good sign that it will be a warm day.

Bloody Movistar internet must have known the end was coming, because it quit on me twice this morning.  Grrrrrrrrr  That got me so mad I decided to order even faster ServiNet...

The ServiNet fiber optic serviceman (yes, only one) showed up to underscore the BS story that they needed 2 men to do the job.  I helped with the wires a bit, but it took the guy only 1/2 hour from the corner post to my computer before ,and then said he would be back at 2pm to hook me up.

So I went to cut Victor's hair at 1pm to kill the waiting time a bit.  It is always great to take Turi, who is so quiet you forget she's there, and visit with Victor.  He is such a good young man with such unfortunate circumstances.

At 2pm I had Leonel come and cut the jungle because it had dried up just enough to allow that.  That is another chore off the list.

Right behind him, the serviceman came back and hooked me up, and yes, I have 40 MBPS, 8 times the speed I had supposedly, but that doesn't really translate into 8 times quicker for everything.  I will settle for fast and eminently reliable...  And we set up the wi-fi too, so we were good to go.

I changed the wi-fi details on my phone and on the dumb TV.  Cristina ran into Tulua, so we will change her devices later.

So I have unhooked all the Movistar internet wiring and router, and home phone, to be ready to return the gear to Movistar tomorrow.  I also plan to downgrade my cel plan because I have the FongoWorld phone working well.  If I can believe the ServiNet salesman, in a month or so we can get rid of the Movistar cable as well and go Digital TV via wi-fi....  I am so looking forward to dumping Movistar....  If not ServiNet, I may go the IPTV route, if I can ever figure out everything.

My friend Roger wants to come and watch a movie Thursday night and suggested Man From Snowy River which I will have to find on Netflix, YouTube or Pirate Bay.

So........ a very good day so far!!!  I am a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just uploaded the photos and that was definitely 8 times faster!  However I still had to contend with Blogger's insistence on doing it twice backwards before I managed to get it right.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.   That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Fiber optic from the corner pole

This kid was quick

Old Movistar router

Old Movistar speed

New ServiNet Router front

and back

New speeds almost 40 MBPS as promised

 


Victor before

Victor after

The jungle got cut

The neighbour is up to no good again I fear..