Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday October 27, 2022 Voice

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday October 27, 2022

I just realized that today would be our parents 85th Anniversary.  We sure do miss them both.

This morning there was a low fog that restricted visibility to about 2 blocks and I think that I saw a satellite above at some point.  I was very surprised to see the domestic pot-bellied pink pig on the street this morning without supervision.  It beat a retreat when it saw my 4 dogs.  Orange dog has also been hanging around that area the last few walks.  

The lake is slowly receding and seeping into the ground..

I successfully moved the Amazon Firestick to the older TV (luckily it had 2 HDMI slots) and showed Cristina how to use the Alexa voice commands to search and access YouTube and NetFlix.  She is quite happy being able to do that!

As we were doing that, the dogs raised a ruckus because the salesman Carlos was at the door to help us cancel Movistar which he had promised to do days ago but, too late, as we had already done that.  We still have television service from them which is what I want.....  Cristina questioned when the Digital TV will be available and he still suggested about 20 days and estimated the cost to be about 20,000 - 25,000 pesos ($4-5 USD)..!!!  So we will not only have upgraded to better and more reliable service everywhere, but we will have cut our costs in half!!!  I hope their TV service is half decent.  That IPTV scares me because I would have to be on VPN deception all the time which triggers mega alerts from Google on everything...  Yuk!  They can be as big a pain as Movistar.

I had to slip out to get money, birdseed, Pepsi, and cabbage so I used our little hand cart.  That thing is a blessing for short trips like that.  Then I had to cut up the cabbage to replenish my supply for a couple of days.  I wonder why I haven't seen red cabbage anywhere for a while...???

Leftover Power Pizza for lunch is always a delight, even if the have a new chef who tends to overcook it a mite.

Then I noticed my computer's main C-Drive was red-lining from overuse, so I spent most of the afternoon moving lots of files to another Terabyte hard drive (F) in there.  All is good again.

Next I decided to test and use Bixby, Galaxy phones voice command app.  I think that I have it down now, but have to be careful talking near to it because it wants to help.  In the past, even the TV would trigger it.  I just found the way to make it respond only to my voice so hopefully the TV won't be triggering it.

I had a brief nap before getting up to let Cristina out to go on the Chappy to see Aunt Nativa, get gas, and then get her new phone.

Yesterday, we asked the techie at Movistar to stop all their annoying advertising messages.  Then I got a message that they know I want the practice stopped.  OK, BUT today, I have received 2 messages again, plus 2 robo-calls....  GRRRRR, I hate Movistar.

So tonight, I will spend with Roger to watch one of his favourites, The Man From Snowy River, with Kirk Douglas, which I managed to download.  He said that he would be happy with a cold beer....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Rio's wet playground is receding.

Rio is still chasing bird shadows.

Some greenery here.

4-5cm baby Gecko

Tom Thumb silhouette

I think that I have to move the feeders back in the sun.