Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thursday October 6, 2022 Anniversary #7

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday October 6, 2022

My back was sore from all the contortions last night so I was going to forego the morning walk but then I heard it raining at 4am so I was justified anyway to stay in bed...  

I meant to mention that I started a new Korean series on Netflix called Extraordinary Attorney Woo... and I am just loving it.  I have only watched 2 episodes now but I am already sorry that there aren't more than 14 more.  The lead character is an autistic savant who has a phenomenal memory for the law, and also for anything to do with whales.  The gal in the lead role is so darn lovable with her gangly walk, spastic arm movements and impish grin...  If you have NetFlix, be sure to watch it...

My wife of 7 years today, Cristina, got to choose whatever she wanted to do today and she chose to have an expensive lunch in the fanciest restaurant in Tulua, called Yerbabuena.  She liked their onion rings so much that we ordered a second one.  She had a beef dish that she was not impressed with, and I had Filet Mignon which was not bad, but I have definitely had better.

Then she slyly suggested a road trip, so I asked where, and she said Trujillo, that she had never seen.  I looked it up in Google Maps and realized that I had been there one weekend with our vet, John, to meet Igor, Wolf and 2 other bikers.  It was a 44 minute drive going straight through Rio Frio, then wind through the mountains.  So, even though I had no camera with me, just my phone, away we went.

We both love this mountain town and its fresher weather.  Cristina was enamored with large pigeon "apartments" placed throughout the huge, beautiful central park.

We walked up a block from there and I saw an interesting hardware store so we stopped in.  Cristina got a large lightbulb to light up the patio and I started seeing better items than I had just bought yesterday at HomeCenter!  I got a proper wire stripper, smaller electrical plug, decent wire and proper useable inline switches!

Then I had spotted a nice flower shop on the way in, so we gave it a look on the way out.  We picked up two colors of a flowering plant that has twin blooms everwhere.  We forget the name, but it was something Duo...... .

Cristina went to the cemetery while I started work on repairing the new under-counter lamp.  Now that I had the proper equipment and tools, it was a snap!

I cut up the cabbages bought yesterday and made my salad.  Cristina came back and got a call from the Panasonic repair depot, Sonitel, that my Lumix camera was ready and the bill would be under $20 USD, so it was just dirty contacts after all...  I will pick it up tomorrow.

I am flattered by all the Likes and comments on Facebook about the Anniversary photo I posted at lunch.  Thank you everyone.

You might enjoy the pictures, but you'll have to look at my FaceBook page because I couldn't get Blogger to upload my photos today no matter what I tried..  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.