Sunday, October 2, 2022

Sunday October 2, 2022 Reptile

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday October 2, 2022

The walk today was a repeat of yesterday's with Orion above in the sky, the filly in her pasture, no cows in sight, but the horse family was relaxing nearby.  I was also surprised at the amount of motorcycle traffic at that hour of the morning.

I went back to bed and got up for 7am to watch Argentina get beat badly 3-0 by Japan in women's volleyball.  Those Oriental teams are surprising in their height and ability.

Happy 80th Birthday to my lovely sister Leonie!!  It is so scary to think that we are all up in age and the baby of the family is 62 years old....  They say that time waits for no one, but does it have to gallop away????

I took Cristina (with our 4 co-pilots) to Tulua so she could go with her sister Adiela to visit relatives in their hometown of Roldanillo.  And they take the skinny backroads which must double the time it takes to get there...  I would feel safer on the wider highway and the shorter route....

I put out some birdbaths including one raised for Tom Thumb but I have honestly been too busy this afternoon to check if they had visitors or not.

My processing of the photos below got interrupted by much noise at my door.  Neighbours were there telling me that a snake had entered our house!  A quick check behind the couches spotted a tail so I went for a broom.  I opened the door partially and got the thing out the door but it fought its way back in and went behind the car...  I tried again but I lost it under the car and haven't seen it since.  As a precuation, I opened the door fully and parked the car outside where it just may spend the night....  A neighbour and I checked the undercarriage and I looked under the hood but I could not find it.  

I checked everywhere in the garage/living room again and swept the whole place... no snake....  I don't know if I will tell Cristina or not... although she has little fear of critters or snakes.  She held a boa in the Amazon for Pete's sake...

Now there is no guarantee that the snake won't decide to re-enter, and it is definitely slender enogh to get through the tiniest of cracks.  It all happened so fast, but I recall it was about 2' long, really bright green, smooth and slender, same size pretty much throughout its length so I figure it is a vine or tree snake.  I spent a lot of time trying to find something similar on the net without success.  From what I read, I have to assume it eats bugs and mice, type-of-thing, and maybe came from the sugar cane fields.  It is not very likely to be poisonous either so I am not worried.  If it gets back in our living area, I am sure one of our 13 sentries will spot it.

That was the day’s excitement.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. 

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


I love this highway!

Doggies relaxing

Found a new one in an orange tree

Golden Silk Spider

I think this is the smaller male

Butterfly in the bougainvillea

Caught him in flight

Mr and Mrs Saffron Finch

Tom Thumb made an appearance

TT

Female Shiny Cowbird

TT

TT

TT

TT