Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday October 22, 2022 Finally!!

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday October 22, 2022

The rain was very lightly falling as we walked at 4:45am so we cut the walk short again and came in to move the newly painted doors out of the rain and onto the patio.  The paint was good and dry because I had a fan blowing on them since late afternoon and overnight.

When I got up later, after the shower etc, I put Vaseline in the hinge slots to ease re-installation later.

Lil Shit passed away this morning and I could not bring myself to view her body or take part in burying her.  I have tears just writing about it now and am struggling not to get emotional...  All 3 pups of that litter died from the same diseases despite our best efforts.  RIP Lil Shit next to your sister.

I got a silly notice from Banco Pichincha in Cuenca saying that it appears that I have withdrawn my savings, even though I left $100 USD there to keep it open in case the deadbeat that I lent money to would ever pay me back...  and that obviously isn't going to happen....  I messaged a friend that works at the bank to check the account for me to see if anything is recoverable.  They probably used it all up in service charges...... 

Carlos and Bolivar came late morning to finish painting the overhang at the front and to re-hang the doors at the back.  The Vaseline did its job well and the doors look and work great!

Then I asked if they would paint white around the diamonds on the back steps so they removed all their stuff, wheelbarrow, etc, from the backyard and returned after lunch with white paint....  

Cristina somehow put her new cell phone in the washing machine so she is spending all day going back and forth to a tech to dry it out and get it operating again.  I hope she is successful.

The work by Carlos and Bolivar is never perfect, but a person can't complain about the labour rates.  They just did another 6 days here and asked for under $100 USD for the 2 of them...  Naturally, I gave them a large bonus with the proviso that they don't tell Cristina...

So we FINALLY have our home back to normal conditions with no workmen and mess (but our own) to contend with.  The return of peace and privacy is such a darn relief!

The Fiber Optic guy says it is a 2-man job and one of their guys is "indisposed or injured" so they couldn't come yesterday or this morning.  They are going to see if it can be done this afternoon, but I am not holding my breath....  I will update if they do show...

UPDATE:  They did not show...  But Cristina's friend, Omaira, and her handsome son Jhorman, came for a visit.  We hadn't seen them in probably a year!  It gave us an excuse to go out for the delicious burgers at Hamburgo!  It is so nice to catch up with old friends....





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Outside door done

Lavanderia door done

How to transport equipment in Colombia....

Repainting the overhang at the front

A visit by Tom Thumb

TT

Gecko about 3"

Tea Rosebud

 

Rose

Rose

6cm Golden Silk Spider female

First coat being applied

Saffron Finch in orange tree

Lots of birds feeding

Finally done!!!!!

SO happy to be finished for a while...