Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Tuesday October 18, 2022 Ceramics

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Tuesday October 18, 2022

The sky was starless and dark this morning as we walked our normal route.  No horses at all, just a couple of cows in a place there have been up to 9 at once.  Then I napped again to 6:30 am.

We were leaving at 7:40am when Carlos and Bolivar arrived to work.  The little white puppy was throwing up everything last night so it meant another trip to the vet.  Cristina paid the bill to date and it was $45 USD.....  You wouldn't even get in the door to a vet in North America for that, never mind 5 visits with observation, and medicines.

I dropped Cristina downtown and ran to Exito at LA14 for my veggies real quick because I hate leaving the dogs long in the car.  The quality of my usual veggies there is going steadily downhill unfortunately.  They didn't even have red cabbage, just the oblong green cabbage that I normally avoid....

The doggies and I enjoyed the leftover roast chicken from yesterday.  I always try to share lunch with them as they patiently wait quietly.

Carlos gave Bolivar instructions to prepare the house overhang above the sidewalk for repairs, and picked up some metal to cover a small area above the awning where he thinks the leak came from.  When I had a good look at it, I am positive that the leak is coming from the roof above.  That all will be checked in the morning.

Carlos finished caulking the cracks between the newly laid ceramic tiles on the patio.  That leaves everything dusty-looking for now.  And we decided on how to use the 4 remaining tiles to dress up the back steps.  I had to show him the simple way to center and line up the diamond shapes.  Today's photos look pretty terrible yet, but once things are cleaned, dried and painted, it will look great.

I had to transfer money here to both our accounts today and, for us, the favorable rate of $1 Cdn = 3344 pesos is always a little less than the going rate of 3467 pesos, but without other fees.   I really like CIBC's Global Money Transfer.  Once set up, it works slick and fast.

We went back to pick up "Little shits" and (cross our fingers) she is back to normal eating, and keeping it down.  I hope we have dodged the bullet on that one.

Cristina has decided to curtain off the far end of the patio where we store all our sundry items, boards, metal, etc so we stopped at Dollar City on the way back and picked up 3 shower curtains with old-style rings to do the trick.  I believe Carlos will be picking up the long curtain rod at Cristina's request.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Just when I thought that I had finally figured out how to upload the photos properly, Blogger decided to show me who is still boss... Twice....   

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Caulking the cracks between ceramic tiles

Will be repaired tomorrow

I don't believe the leak is from the top of the awning..

Fancying up the back steps with the last tiles

A work in progress

Once finished, it will look nice...