Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday October 21, 2022 Doors

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday October 21, 2022

Last night we got a flyer from a fiber optic Internet company and the speeds (5X what we have now with blasted Movistar) so I called.  They asked if I know Roger, because none of them speak English so I called Roger.  Roger raved about the service so I asked if the guy could come over and explain speeds, installation, cancelling Movistar, etc.  The fellow Named Carlos Gomez came over, promised installation Friday (today) and he would come around 4:30pm to help cancel Movistar.  So we paid the first month in cash.  And apparently they want cash or deposit to their Bancolombia account monthly..

The walk was real quiet this morning with high, white, thick cloud covering most of trhe sky.  It is amazing how much I miss my friend Orion.

Carlos and Bolivar came to finish the repair at the front (still needs painting) and to begin preparations to finally paint the 2 metal screen doors to the lavanderia and outside.  I told them to come back at 2pm because we were having the Huellas bunch for lunch.  I cleaned the patio ceramic 3 separate times and that was a losing battle because Rio was loose and running in the water and mud.  We finally locked her, Princesa and Grigi in the master bedroom.

We installed the shower curtain bar for Cristina aross the far end of the patio and she wasn't happy.... it needed to be higher... so I moved it higher....

Lina, Ivan and Jose came to enjoy a big traditional Colombian lunch prepared by Cristina and Claudia who got a lot of compliments for the cooking!  Then we relaxed outside to watch Tom Thumb and care for the white puppy who is acting very sick.  When she doesn't respond to my "Lil Shit" call, I know she is ill, and it breaks my heart.  Buddy took to the lap of Jose, and Negrita enjoyed the attention between Lina and Ivan on the swing.

Carlos showed up at 1:30 and wanted to paint with the compressor where we were talking!  I made him wait until they left before 2,.... just like I told him....

So the doors and the frames are painted and he had to run for more paint....  The doors are drying outside and we can only hope that the dogs will not bother the doors until the morning when we move them where they belong.

Cristina took the pup to Huellas for observation for the afternoon. 

I waited all day for the fiber optic internet installation and, just now, they begged off until tomorrow!  I sent a note that I am unimpressed so far and their service had better be stellar from now on!  You know how much I hate bad service, liars, and people who waste my freakin' time.

Jose came back at our request to clip the nails of 4 dogs that badly needed the work done.  Less than $1 USD for each dog, and service at home, ..... who can complain...??

Cristina just went back to pick up Lil Shit and she is marginally better.  I sure hope that she improves quickly because it is so sad to see her sad face and moping....  She is another puppy that has wormed her way into my heart.

I don't drink, but I sure need one after today....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Doors being prepped and cleaned

Lil Shit is definitely sick

The Huellas crew comes for lunch

Claudia, on the left, got good reviews for lunch

The bunch, except me

I played with this one a bit

Tom Thumb performed for us

Buddy has a new friend, Jose

 

Spray painting the doors

Birds wait to be fed then flock together

This breaks my heart

Surveying

One and a half done

Finishing the second

Painting the frames in the house