Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday October 14, 2022 Progress

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday October 14, 2022

Orion and the moon shone the way again this morning, and every loud dog was at someone's door even though I did my best to avoid them.  The chestnut filly with the white blaze was in her pasture and came to the fence to greet us.  I had awoken shortly after 3am and didn't get back to sleep so I got up and did most of the chores.

We left the keys in the outside door for Carlos and Bolivar to enter as we had to leave at 7:30am to Zoonosis to pick up some medicine and then take the sick black puppy to the vet yet again.  They were again on Latin American time even though the promised to be here on time.  

The news is not good fo the black puppy who has had a relapse, has 2 sicknesses now, and is doing poorly. 

This underscores the problems left behind when Cristina abandons me again early tomorrow morning to go with her nieces whale watching at the coast.

Watching Carlos and Bolivar do things in the most haphazard, and usualy the most hard, way in everything is frustrating.  Carlos has his very odd methods that somehow turn out OK so I try to hold my tongue.... and that is not easy.  My Dad was a carpenter and I am no dummy either...  Bolivar is a dedicated worker but is overall a clumsy Fred Flintstone with a hammer and I just cringe....  But, the ceramic tile is progressing well.  The concrete base is poured and hardening for the concrete columns which are about to be poured into the most rudimentary forms you have ever seen...  But, I expect they will work out in the end again.

I am so tired of having workmen here all week and there is still so much left to do.... 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Neighbours digging up street for a water line

Looking good




Fancy concrete forms

Hope this works

Lots of birds today

Getting there......