Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday October 20, 2022 Repairs

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday October 20, 2022

The domestic pot-bellied pig was let out by its owners as we rounded the corner this morning on a better-late-than-never walk.  It had rained overnight but I was awake, so why not...  It was sprinkling steadily so we cut this walk short as well.  Then it seemed to sprinkle almost all morning.

That meant that our front door leaks were worse than ever (great repair, eh?) and Carlos didn't show until the rain stopped around 11am.  He has just come back alone around 1:45pm to silicone all the joints on the flashing to which he had added several more screws along the top...  There is no doubt whatsoever that the leaks are coming from inside the overhang, but the cement job yesterday looks solid... so...????  I am at my wit's end and do so want this construction to stop.....  Two more small projects and we should be able to say adios for a while.  I am sick of having the house upside down and dirty.

Claudia and Cristina are back collaborating again.  I donated money to her for plastic sheathing to use for roofs for dog shelters at the Animal Park.

Cristina dug up a lovely photo of her son Christian reclined that she wanted copied, printed on good paper and laminated to place on the tombstone.   I was happy to oblige.

BTW, the CIBC Global Money Transfers took only one day to arrive here.... 

The dragonflies are enjoying cruising over the Lake again.   

Our water has been off all afternoon.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.





And the spider said.....