Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday October 12, 2022 Ceramic Tile

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday October 12, 2022

The near-full moon was like a spotlight this morning in almost clear skies, and I am always thrilled to see Orion.  Very few animals and very little noise this  morning as everyone slept in the lovely cool air.

I got up early to get at chores before Carlos and Bolivar showed up around 8am.   RedBubble informed me that the photo artwork I uploaded was already "under review"!!!  This was a photo of birds in Panama in 2010 that I stylized into silhouettes, etc...  They sent me some nonsense about checking with "partner" something-or-other and I fired back a nasty response about how much I hate their stupidity...  Later they informed me that their partner had approved it for sale.... as if they are God or something...  Oh, I am so angry with those wimps at that site.  If anyone, for whatever silly reason files a copyright complaint, their word is accepted without question and our artwork is pulled.  In retaliation I am going to copyright the dictionary...!!!

I discussed with Carlos that I would not want to extend more cement on the patio, but would need the west support wall shored up, just in case..  I don't like the look of it that it could just collapse the whole patio.  So he suggested concrete columns with metal supports.  It sounded reasonable so Bolivar spent a long time digging 3 large holes.

We then discussed how much of the north patio we would do in ceramic tile over the new cement (mortar).  It was decided to do it all, so I made a trip into Tulua to get 2 more boxes and more gunk.  Carlos began on the steps and that is really looking good.   He is great at ceramic tiles but I question his measurements as he is always re-cutting things because his measurements are almost always off.  So when he measured and decided to begin with a row in the center  of the area, rather than any corner, I really had to bite my lip.

There was supposed to be a semi-final women's volleyball match between undefeated Serbia and the USA, first at 1pm, then 5pm, and now maybe 7pm...  It is very confusing to get the proper info on the games.

The little black puppy got sick suddenly, diarrhea, vomiting and not eating, so we made another trip into Tulua to a specific vet that Cristina trusts in these situations.  It is also one of the places where we get our dry dog food, so we stocked up while we were there.  Then I drove Cristina to Adiela's for the afternoon.  Hope the puppy gets over this sickness.

Carlos and Bolivar were working on the center of the patio when I laid down briefly, getting up to get them refreshments, only to find them gone with our door keys.  I didn't hear them leave and the dogs didn't raise a fuss either.  A short time later they were at the door explaining that they went to get the metal for the concrete columns but the place was closed...  They will be back in the morning.  Somehow I really expected them to have a lot more done today.  

We still have to tackle the low spot in the patio at the south end where water continuously pools when cleaning.  It used to be really bad before I extended the patio roof line.  I suggested somehow installing a drain and pipe and that was well received....  We'll have to see how that will play out.

And there is a leak in our roof overhang above the front door that we also have to address soon. 

For some reason I had problems getting my photos off the SD card and onto the computer today, but finally managed it.

I just saw the news on Facebook that former Radville resident and genealogist, Jim Church, passed away 2 days ago.  One of his daughters married one of the Fradette boys so we were shirt-tail related and he got me going on our Family Tree.  His father was a friend of our reclusive Uncle Lindorf Jr, and is shown on the "On The Road Again" episode about Lindorf Jr's perpetual motion machine...    See  https://youtu.be/-P84CgrJJPU   RIP Jim.  You were always a great guy to know.

Now Blogger is giving me grief about saving the page and uploading the photos.   Good grief!   Finally got it to cooperate... I think...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Carlos cutting ceramic tiles

Starting on the back steps

Bolivar is digging holes

Soon to have a visitor

Pretty complex for only 1" creature




Saffron Finches

Tom Thumb visits the Tea Rose

Can you see him?

Last chance

Holding the tile in place to dry

Steps are finished.  I like it!

Working along the middle???????