Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wednesday October 5, 2022 Shopping

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday October 5, 2022

The low cloud obscured the sky this morning and, because we had a heavy rain (didn't I ask for that!) late afternoon and evening yesterday, I cut the walk short after my 3 charges did their business..

Again I slept in a little, did chores and went walking here to find ceramic tiles for the patio and poop pick-up small bags....  I went to about 5 places before lunchtime without any success.

So we drove first to HomeCenter in Tulua, but they didn't have the ceramic tile we wanted, in fact they hardly had anything in stock despite their displays... idiots!  So we bought a few electrical items, which took forever to get service, and left.

Then we got groceries, mostly my veggies, at Exito next door.

Next we went to a Panasonic repair depot for cameras named Sonitel who were the guys that fixed our dumb TV.   She said that if the repair on the zoom of the Lumix is just a matter of cleaning electrical contacts, the bill will be only around $20 USD.  If they have to replace the whole top controls, that would be a lot more....  3 days she said...

Next we went to the big store downtown that handles ceramic tiles of the make I wanted... like we have in the back hallway and lavanderia...  Nope, they haven't carried that in years they said...  So we found another rock-like pattern and bought 23 square meters (to cover the one end of the patio only) with the cement for 882,500 pesos or $192.64 USD.  They will deliver on Monday.  I let Carlos know the details.  He is very good with ceramic tiles.

Once home, we had a quick supper on the street and then came home and put away groceries.  Then I got to work on the electrical stuff I bought, to link a new 25,000 hour lamp for under the sink...  It was always too dark there for our liking.  The lamp only comes with about 6" of plugless cord, so I had a meter of extra cord, a plug, and an inline switch.  I put on the plug, and even that took a while.  The real frustration was the inline switch (the only type they had) and it was an absolute joke...  In frustration I just took the darn thing out.  Then I had to substitute my own shorter screws to mount the holding brackets to the cupboards, and now we have a permanent light in the kitchen, which is OK with all of us, so... let there be light!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Heavy rain last evening

New roof works well

Tea Rosebud

Peach Rosebud

Gorgeous!

Pink and white rosebud

Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb

Ceramic tile wanted

Ceramic tile purchased....

Permanent kitchen light