Monday, October 10, 2022

Monday October 10, 2022 Mortar

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday October 10, 2022

The full moon did its best to shine this morning until the heavy cloud rolled in again and obliterated any vestige of light.  The little filly was fast asleep in her pasture.

At 8:45am the delivery truck was here to deliver the ceramic tiles and the sticky muck that goes with it...  They didn't call first like they are supposed to...  Under $3.25 USD for delivery...  And I carried just one package of ceramic tile before I dragged out my dolly for the delivery guys to cart everything to the lavanderia.  I paid them extra...

The women's volleyball is actually tomorrow, not today.  Hope that I get  chance to watch it.

Famine to feast!  I actually took a lot of photos today for you.  It was so funny watching Rio wait in the shade to run out after the shadows of birds flying over the yard.   She sure does get her exercise and loves the backyard, rain or shine!

Carlos and Bolivar came around 2pm then arranged to get mortar and sand delivered.  We had to make a larger path through the house for the wheelbarrow and had to control the dogs from interfering or escaping.  Cristina came back with little Sofia to spend the day so they were not much help.

Bolivar is 63 years old and there is no way I would even attempt to keep up with him.  He is baked brown from the sun and a tiresless worker, and a great compliment to Carlos.

These two hand mixed the mortar then, over the rest of the afternoon, laid out 4  15" guides of mortar, apart the width of the screed, to eventually join to cover the area that I want to cover with ceramic tile.  It doesn't have to be fancy, just level to give a good base for the ceramic tiles.

The mortar and sand so far was only about $25 USD, so I am trying to cajole Carlos into doing the whole patio, with only the north part in ceramic...  Then the whole patio would be like new and really raise the house value....

Tom Thumb and a rival kept coming to the feeders for split seconds as they didn't like our presence so close...

 At 6pm I was able to start bidding on an online auction from my hometown.  If I win any of my bids, I will have to beg my brother to keep them or gift them.  Any former Radville residents, please check out on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/757968358625061/posts/788673912221172/?comment_id=790415402047023&notif_id=1665446371252023&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Now we just have to hope the mortar is dry enough to let the dogs out before bedtime.  If they track it a bit it is no big deal, we just don't want them scratching at it... (think Rio...).

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Lots of bloomin' flowers!










Oh, my favourite dish.

Princesa and Grigi

Golden Silk Spider

Again

 

Rio in the shade, waiting to chase bird shadows

Buddy sunbathing

Bougainvillea bloom in sunlight

Rio chasing shadows

Rio waiting in the shade again

The 2 puppies are getting in shape

Probably one more week here...


My best companion Turi

They come when I call "Little shits"

Our handsome Buddy

The sun worshipper again

Birds

More birds

 

 

 
 
Moving the sand front to back

These guys do a lot of shoveling


Carlos showing Bolivar how to mix properly
Not much measuring....

Making guide rows width of screed

Using my level

4 rows done

 
 

Tom Thumb

TT

TT