Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday October 15, 2022 Mixed Bag

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday October 15, 2022

The little black puppy never made it, and was buried in the backyard this morning.  We never get over losing a pet that we invested so much time and energy into saving.  It is always worse when it is a puppy that was so much fun.

I stopped at Power Pizza on the way back last night, (I needed a treat for myself) and had leftovers for lunch today.  So yummy!

It was raining at 4am so the walk didn't happen...  We waited for Carlos and Bolivar to arrive after 7:30am before running Cristina into Adiela's to meet with her nieces for their trip to the coast to go whale watching.  I donated a set of house camera and car cam to each Miguel and Ana.  I couldn't get the house cam to work properly (and quickly enough) for me so they were of little use.  I hope it works good for them.  The car cams should be dead simple to use.

I watched the Bronze medal game in women's volleyball at 9am where Italy took out the USA 3-0 with ease.  These ladies are so talented.

Carlos submitted his bill since Monday, and I don't know if that includes today, but it is too reasonable to not plan to give him something special later.  Imagine, 5 or 6 complete 8-hour days, for 2, yes TWO, men, for under $150 USD total!!!!  I believe he is being generous because of his ex, Cristina.  I have to plan a nice reward for him.

Then I started to watch the Gold medal women's volleyball game between Serbia and Brazil at 1pm.  A thunderstorm started (and it is still raining past 4pm) and our blasted Movistar cable cut out like it often does when we have heavy rain, so I missed the whole second game... Grrrrrrrrrr I hate Movistar!!  The outcome was really never in doubt as Serbia had the best striker in the world named Boscovic and she had 1/3 of their total points in the 3-0 rout of Brazil.  Such a great match, and my Serbian friend Igor was too busy to watch..  I am so disappointed in him.

The road construction from yesterday had a pile of gravel and concrete against the neighbor's sidewalk and that created a blockage for the extra heavy rain which was creeping up our sidewalk and I feared a messy flood in the house.  We got the fearless Bolivar to shovel a small channel to let the water go by.  It took a while and he got soaked in the process, so I gave him a dry shirt to wear.  The water came down so heavily and steadily that we again have a huge lake in the backyard.  Rio is in heaven as she can play in the water...

The ceramic work is mainly complete but the trimming around all the edges needs to be done.  We only had 4 tiles left at the end so we have agreed on a diamond design on the white part of the back step.  I will have better photos tomorrow.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Power Pizza - best in Colombia!

Old sink is protecting Blackie's new grave.

Column 1

Column 2

Bolivar undoing frame from Column 3

Carlos working to get all the tile down.

The 3 Columns look OK


 


Carlos is so good with ceramic tile

This will look so good when completed.. Stay tuned.

Water contractors were fast at cementing 1/2 the road

Grrrr Movistar, this happens often with a heavy rain..

Debris pile backing up water on my sidewalk

Heavy rain = Lake again

Lakefront property view from our lovely patio