Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wednesday January 5, 2022 Repairs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 5, 2022

As an aside, it is interesting that the garbagemen work Christmas Day and New Year's Day here..  I wonder if they get paid double time for that?

On this morning's walk we ran into Amigo, the old black dog that we haven't seen in a very long time.  I had pretty much given him up for dead so it was a relief.  Nearby we saw some very straight stalks of corn someone had planted and they were at least 12' tall.  I didn't see any cobs, but the plants looked healthy enough.  The sky was overcast as usual.

Around 4:45am we swung by the Gymnasium which usually unlocked their gate at that time.  However it appears that they have moved on and the place is for sale again.  I have never seen much of the inside of the house, but the grounds are tremendous with a huge covered patio, small pool, grassy area, parking and much more.  I don't have the money, but it sure is a desireable property.  I should enquire about the price.... and get some partners for an International B+B....   It is a great party spot.

We were at the hospital at 7:30am for Ana Julia to get her stitches removed.  I waited outside and they didn't emerge until 9am.  Behind me, vaccinations were being given and I saw Negro, our friendly black street dog wandering the busy street.  Negro is very at-home downtown...

RedBubble dropped on me 6 bloody times this morning and lost one of my uploads.   Grrrr  Another nail in their coffin.  And they have removed the place where I could complain, ...again.

So my laptop is coming with 14 days guaranteed delivery from Canada Post and the Tracking says that it is expected to arrive in 19 days...!!  OK...... That makes sense to everybody nowadays, right??....

I made my famous omelette for brunch and got complaints that it was too spicy.  Trying to get people here to experience flavour is mostly unappreciated as they enjoy things like tasteless cardboard arepas.

Part of my camera's trim where I grip with my thumb has been coming loose for a while now.  Crazy Glue to the rescue....  I don't always have the greatest of success with glues other than Contact Cement so we will see how it will hold.

I was in contact again with a cousin from Calgary and got her lineage squared away.  Her grandfather was my grandmother's (Mom's side) brother, and he lived just below us in Radville.  I dug up some old photos of that family and passed them along.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Saffron Finch playing peek-a-boo

Small pink rose opening more

Tiny pink rosebud opening too

This SF was not scared of me

SF

SF

SF

SF