Friday, January 21, 2022

Friday January 21, 2022 Drugs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

The Email Subscription service was terminated but is working for some???

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday January 21, 2022

Last night, I did watch Bon Cop, Bad Cop, the first one and enjoyed it as well. Understanding both the French and the English makes it much more enjoyable for sure, especially the "patois" French of Quebec, complete with the salty language. 

The new sleeping pills left me so groggy this morning that I didn't walk the dogs.  I could barely make it to the washroom safely.  I may try them again another day to see if it was indeed the potency of the pill that caused this.  I am happy enough with the usual 3mg Melatonin which has me nodded off within 1/2 hour without knocking me on my ass.

RedBubble dropped twice again today and again I was fortunate that my safety processes allowed me to save both uploads.  It sure is a pain-in-the-a$$ though.

I hid my VPN and uploaded Season 3 of Succession and Season 4 of Yellowstone.  I need a break from NetFlix to watch something riveting.

While taking a couple of photos out back I spotted this pair of male Saffron Finches squaring off and preening for some female obviously nearby.  Because of distance and motion the photos aren't the greatest but you will get the idea of the ferocity of their attacks.  I wanted to video this battle but a tree was mostly in the way and I had no idea if it would be over by the time I moved and changed to video.  As it was, I ended up chasing all the birds away when I moved.

I did something today that I have been avoiding since we bought the place.  The ceiling light in the kitchen appeared to be dirty and threw very little light so I got up on a chair and pulled down and unhooked the fixture.  It was not what I expected.  I was a very thin disk which I was loathe to unscrew and disassemble after cleaning the outside entirely did little change.  The discoloration was on the inside.

I was also scared what I might see above the ceiling and below the roof, with what local construction standards are.... but it was much better than I expected.  It is the usual wood beams and bamboo poles holding up the roof tiles behind plastic sheathing.  Whew!

So I took one of the lights from  the hallway that are rarely used, and don't look dirty, and swapped it with the kitchen fixture.  The difference in light in the kitchen is amazing!  I wish that I had done this a lot sooner.  Making my salad in the dingy light was not fun.

Claudia brought over another kitten for us to foster that needs a lot of TLC.  It basically has scabies and needs regular medicated washing.  They are just so cute and helpless and love to cuddle up to a warm body.

And warm is what it is around here this week with over 30C temps...  It is funny how acclimatized I am to 28C or less.

I hope you enjoy the pictures (It took me 6 tries to get them in order).  

 That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Happy to see this big lady

Great colours on this little one

2 male Saffron Finches preening

Definitely showing off for a female

Then the battle is on!

So fast and mobile

Going for a meeting of the minds



Crashing and banging

Pretty severe infighting

Tough guys

 

This is the side we see of the light fixture, cleaned.

This is the underside, cleaned

Changing fixtures was Brilliant!

Underside of the kitchen roof

Here too

Underside in the hallway

The new kitten we foster

Solving the world's problems